DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Need Sprites For a Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rail
Rail

Need Sprites For a Game Empty
PostSubject: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Hey all, I posted here about two years ago originally looking for sprites for a game I was scripting. Me and my team abandoned the project due to code problems and some IRL things, but me and my friend have returned to jump start it. Of course I'm a lot better with coding now than I was then and I saved all the original dev files. The alpha video I uploaded awhile ago is here, it's not that impressive but I think I can improve it fairly quickly. The game is designed to be an mmo, with the sidescroller mechanics used for the combat and a zelda feel for the overworld.

The only problem is I can't find the vault, and looking around it looks like it got taken down or something? If anyone can link me to the vault or a good source that would be great, or if someone could supply me with the sprites I need as some of you probably have archives. I'm going to build the game around character creation instead of pre-made characters, so I really just need a bunch of sprite sheets for characters with different hair and clothing. Also, if anyone has some effect graphics like beam clashes that would also help a lot.

Oh, and of course I'll credit everything.
Back to top Go down
Jellie
Jellie

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Ahh, byond I see. I dablled in that area before as well. I'm afraid I don't have any sources for you, but I wish you good luck. The character creation sounds interesting! Can't wait to see some progeress.
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Hello there man. I can give you all the base sheets I have if you want. I can also make one or two of my own if you want but I am not completely sure what kind of character your looking for. If you can PM me I can help you a lot more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:14 am

If you aren't going to support the forum community, I suggest you leave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:15 am

Afrolicious wrote:

...what? I said I'd credit everything, other than that all I'm doing is requesting sprites and asking a question about the vault. Your whole "General Graphics" section is about making requests, and this is the Questions section. Sorry if I crossed a line, but I really don't see it.
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 am

Still I am in favor of helping all I can. If you need any help let me know. You can PM or mail me at yahoo. I would love to help you Rail if you want me to of course.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:31 am

Rail wrote:
Afrolicious wrote:

...what? I said I'd credit everything, other than that all I'm doing is requesting sprites and asking a question about the vault. Your whole "General Graphics" section is about making requests, and this is the Questions section. Sorry if I crossed a line, but I really don't see it.
If you was already part of the forum, or at least sounded like you would be apart of the forum, it would be fine. But all you are doing is signing up for sprites. In that case, I suggest you leave since all you are doing is helping yourself.

Thank you and have a nice day. :)
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:02 am

Isn't animating your sprites in a multiplayer game you can play contributing even a little, lol. It's not like I wouldn't give people who created the sprites special things in the game. I looked around the forums and I saw lots of people asking for a game using all the sprites this forum has created.

If not then I guess I'll have to go, I thought I was just doing a service to the fans.
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:17 am

I can not PM you back WTF.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:29 am

Rail wrote:
Isn't animating your sprites in a multiplayer game you can play contributing even a little, lol. It's not like I wouldn't give people who created the sprites special things in the game. I looked around the forums and I saw lots of people asking for a game using all the sprites this forum has created.

If not then I guess I'll have to go, I thought I was just doing a service to the fans.
Doing us a service? Do you know how many crappy games people made that said it was a service to the fans? Too many to count my dear friend. I may sound like a douche, but I'm really adamant about this.
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:11 am

Afrolicious wrote:
Rail wrote:

Doing us a service? Do you know how many crappy games people made that said it was a service to the fans? Too many to count my dear friend. I may sound like a douche, but I'm really adamant about this.

You won't even give me the benefit of the doubt? Until I actually make the game, I haven't even "helped myself" at all. Also, I think some people might have appreciated those "crappy games," and if they didn't charge then yes, it was a service to the fans...what else would you call it. If you really must have your way in this, I won't make public requests, but whether or not the sprite authors allow me to use their sprites is up to them.
Back to top Go down
Omega Jet
Omega Jet

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:31 am

Its actually ridiculous how people sign up just so that they can get us to make them a few sprites for a game that they would almost never finish. Almost no one wants to do that. I think the only game people were actually looking forward to was Galactic Warriors (which was fucking awesome btw), but even that was cancelled.
Though, I wish you luck on this, I have been struggling to make an original game myself for a year and a half. At least you have taken the initiative.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:49 am

See? It's not just me. We've ALWAYS have people do that. We're tired of it.
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:52 am

I'm not demanding sprites or anything...all I'm doing is asking, I'm not even asking you to create ones, but give ones you've already made and aren't using. I'm not asking for any kind of investment. Anyway, it's not like this is my first project, I'm only using the Byond engine because that's what the original dev files were on.

All these posts and only one person has actually helped me, and I still haven't gotten an answer about the vault, lol. It's just a bit unreasonable to argue over someone else lending their own sprites to me.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:58 am

The vaults gone. Happy? I know you're not demanding anything. You asked, and we said no. Now if you would be so kind to leave. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:04 am

You said no, not the forum, lol.

I'm asking for spriters, just because you don't want to help me doesn't mean all the others don't. Even the other person you claimed was with you wished me luck on the project.

EDIT - Although I can clearly see that you've seen some poor projects considering how aggressive you are to get me out when all I want is to use your art non-commercially
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:08 am

He wished you luck yes, but not with our sprites.

*waits for the influx of people letting the guy use our sprites*
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:12 am

I never asked for unlimited use of your sprites...I never asked for you to make sprites that I wanted...even in the Alpha of this I asked Angryboy if I could use his sprites and he said yes.
Back to top Go down
saiyanboy
saiyanboy

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:43 am

Unless your planning to contribute to the forum like Afro said, no I don't think we want you to do this. We've had SO MANY People claiming it this stuff to only see our sprites on other sites with no form of credit what so ever, and not even seeing a finished game. If you were to actually try spriting or joining the forum then fair enough, but if your just gonna get what you want and leave no.
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 am

Oh, and I wonder why this place will never be active.

Although I understand where you guys are coming from, its not going to help us at all if we kick everyone out. Any sort of publicity for the LSW communit would be good, be it a half-finished or half-assed project, or a fully fledged one.

I can understand the guys that just come here and ask us to make everything for them, but I don't understand why you guys don't want to share the sprites that are already finished. That's not fair to a lot of the people who made them. They were made to be used, not to be hoarded by the lazy ass community here. (the older ones, anyway)

I know we don't have the vault, but I know a lot of the members have all the sheets. Speaking of which, we need to rebuild the vault >.>
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:48 am

We're posting so it still is active.

My main point is that if he would just try to be apart of the forum, I'll be fine with it. Like show updates, comment on the spriter's sprites, maybe make some of his own, I'll be okay. There was one kid that recently did that and didn't complain one bit. My main point is If you try to be apart of us then we welcome you with open arms. Okay?

Some of the sheets do say, do not use.
Back to top Go down
Omega Jet
Omega Jet

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 am

Afrolicious wrote:
We're posting so it still is active.

My main point is that if he would just try to be apart of the forum, I'll be fine with it. Like show updates, comment on the spriter's sprites, maybe make some of his own, I'll be okay. There was one kid that recently did that and didn't complain one bit. My main point is If you try to be apart of us then we welcome you with open arms. Okay?

Some of the sheets do say, do not use.
Exactly.
Odds are that we give a person a few sprites and he takes his project elsewhere where he will showcase screenshots
and videos of his game and people there would go, "where you get that awesome Goku?"
Even if the person mentions Dbz Vortex, more people would simply join to loot our sprites.
Its kinda not fair to us IMO :/
Fixing up the vault would fix this problem though.

Btw, I did not direct that ^ to you Rail. I am just saying in general.
Back to top Go down
saiyanboy
saiyanboy

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 pm

I agree, Rail if you want to use our sprites then give something back to the forum, actually post try and sprite yourself, post topics show updates yanno. Don't just take our sprites and then just get off with them and not even give us any credit. I mean we just see some sprites on some other site with no even mention of Dbz Vortex.
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:20 pm

I even have to agree on one thing and that is I want to see you sprite Hee .
I will still help though because I help all that need help. It doesn't matter if he says my sprites are his all that matters to me is if I know I have helped someone make something cool. I mean isn't that the point?
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:25 pm

I'll gladly show you updates and all, but I can't move forward from that Alpha video until I have 1 or 2 base sheets. The reason is that I need to design the system for the combat so it's balanced, but I need to know the limitations of the graphics. For example if one sprite has an animation that others don't, I can't use that extra animation as it wouldn't be balanced, so if I used that sheet as my base then I'll design the combat around something that only that sheet had which would screw everything up. And I can't even start to code the game without the system, I have to build it from the ground up.

I'm not asking for tons of spritesheets if that's what you thought, in fact I don't plan to add a lot of content till after I iron out the basics of the game. I just need base sheets not even to use but to design the game mechanics. If I have that I'll give you update videos for every feature I add along the way.

I'm not really a spriter, the most I've done is edit shading or trimming already made sprites. And I will never say the sprites are mine. The credits I show before the game starts up is supposed to credit my team and all the spriters. I only used Angryboy's in the original test video so he's the only one I credited. I'll also never give sprites to other sites, I didn't even know people did that, lol.

In any case, I've always planned to stay here if the game gets going since I expect most of the community for the game to come from here.
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:34 pm

Well I got one nearly done that I had in my basement and here it is:

Need Sprites For a Game PweePwee

If you can finish it I will make you a really cool sprite sheet. I will show you the ones I have in mind if you want. It is up to you though Hee (You can use him if you want Very Happy )

I am better at starting a base sheet and suck at finishing one but I have finished many before.

PS It might help you prove yourself as well. Just saying
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:24 am

I really wouldn't know where to start with finishing that, lol, I've only ever edited sprites. I don't want character creation too advanced so I can't use aliens, just humans/saiyans. Really, just a basic Goku and Vegeta would fit my purposes at the moment. I literally can't do anything till I have those bases. I'll try to be active on the chatbox.

By the way, in what section of the forum should I post updates to the game?
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:35 am

I think comic Central but I could be wrong.

Really? I mean anyone/everyone but me has at least completely edited a goku/vegeta base sheet. I am surprised you couldn't get one.

I will find places you should go and ask :
http://dbzvortex.dbzaddict.com/t13487-vegeta-frieza-saga

He has a vegeta for sure but ask if he has got a goku to

Sorry, I wish I could help more but I just don't do Goku/Vegeta/Broly
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 am

I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Sure we've had thousands of guys come here, ask for sprites from a game then never return with updates or a beta version bar a few, but I don't see why we should reject so many people. He's hobby is in game-making, ours is spriting. If we work together we could help him make an awesome LSW game for everyone to enjoy.

Check out this site:
http://spritingonawhim.tk/sprites#saiyans
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Hey Rail you never Emailed me back about the sprite thing.
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Yea, Hotmail put your email in the Junk folder, but I got it now.

Thanks for your support Seto, is that whole site Angryboy's? When I first tried this awhile ago I thought his sprites were really good, but these LSWi ones are the best sprites I've ever seen. I'm building a system off the LSWi's, so bear with me as I try to make some balanced combat, once I get a rough version I'll bring it back here for some input.
Back to top Go down
Rail
Rail

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:47 am

I've uploaded my rough version of the basic game system, based off the LSWi sprite. This doesn't include any transformations like SSJ, Kaioken, etc. or customized aspects like damage trade-offs and special ki moves. This is just the base combat mechanics of a new character. If there's anything in there you don't understand just ask, a lot of it is in my head and I made this rather quickly.

Any input in anything is greatly appreciated.

Spoiler:

Any suggestions for the name of the game would help also.
Back to top Go down
Strife
Strife

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Change the initial Kai to like 5 or 10, that'd be a little more fair..And 800,000 victories is waayyy too much, I mean bring it down to like 500-600 a the very most, nobody would even try to finish 800,000...make the kai beam damage maybe 50, just 10 of those would kill you? Maybe when someone blocks a beam it should be 50 and then 100 if they don't block it. Good layout so far, I'd like to see more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Sprites For a Game   Need Sprites For a Game Clock10

Back to top Go down

Need Sprites For a Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1