DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Who Wants to Play a Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

Who Wants to Play a Game? Empty
PostSubject: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Hey everybody, popping in to ask a general question.
Would any of you be up for a different style of RP than we usually do? Something similar to D&D, non-DBZ themed, classes, races, XP, all that mess? I've gotten into D&D but the more I play it, the more my old habits of making RPG material crops up so I want to homebrew a play-by-post game with some of the people here that I've always enjoyed playing with.

It wouldn't be a large game, with a small number of players rather than a huge community project like we normally do.

Just a thought,
-BL
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm

I'd be up for it.
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
i'd be totally up for taking part in this, always been a fan of D&D
*goes and plays neverwinter to refresh D&D mental ruleboook*
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Heh we'd be playing by house rules more than any one set of book rules, but yeah that's the idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:05 pm

works for me either way, definitely looking forward to this

edit: if you need a hand with ideas and such, i don't mind helping out a bit

Last edited by Harley on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Any way is fine for me. I'd have to learn the rules either way, since I don't know jack about D&D's rulebooks.
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:38 pm

It's really not hard. Pretty much every RPG game has adapted from it.
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Yeah I would like to play. Though again I don't have much time but I will try.

Though if you need any DND book references let me know. I got the whole DND first class (Which to me is the best). I think I got some second class DND to. Though either way I got a LOT of DND stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Heh, TardyClock was actually talking about running a PBP Mutants and Masterminds game not long ago. I'd be all in on this.
Back to top Go down
BubbleChief
BubbleChief

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Sounds awesome but what is D&D?
Nevermind, went to mcdonalds and on the way I figured it out -_- Dungeons and dragons lmfao
We will keep the regular rpg right?
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 pm

The regular RPG won't be touched in the slightest. I'm making no promises about this game right now, it's just an idea.
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Blues Light wrote:
The regular RPG won't be touched in the slightest. I'm making no promises about this game right now, it's just an idea.

Oh god last time he said the RPG wont be gotten rid of, the RPG was deleted.
Back to top Go down
BubbleChief
BubbleChief

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:56 pm

This RPG is highly successful B3 I don't think its going anywhere anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Gareth
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
This RPG is highly successful B3 I don't think its going anywhere anytime soon.

In what universe is the current RPG a highly successful RPG?
Back to top Go down
BubbleChief
BubbleChief

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Highly successful to me is defined by a group of friends active in the section, I'm not talking about a lot of members successful.
Back to top Go down
Gareth
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Highly successful to me is defined by a group of friends active in the section, I'm not talking about a lot of members successful.

I originally had a few paragraphs written about this, but then I decided that it'd be causing trouble for absolutely no reason, and that your reason is a decent reason too.

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
BubbleChief
BubbleChief

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Very Happy I mean believe me I'd love for every active vortexian to join and more people also, but I'm content with how it is for the moment, vortex will have another up-rise in traffic soon just watch and when it does, it will get better. I wish we had about 500-600 actives but eh, it's fine like this.
Back to top Go down
Gareth
Gareth

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Very Happy I mean believe me I'd love for every active vortexian to join and more people also, but I'm content with how it is for the moment, vortex will have another up-rise in traffic soon just watch and when it does, it will get better. I wish we had about 500-600 actives but eh, it's fine like this.

I think 500-600 actives would be out of control, but maybe 10 to 20 would be more than fine. (I'm talking about the RPG, I'm not sure if you mean for the RPG or just in general.)
Back to top Go down
BubbleChief
BubbleChief

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Gareth wrote:

I think 500-600 actives would be out of control, but maybe 10 to 20 would be more than fine. (I'm talking about the RPG, I'm not sure if you mean for the RPG or just in general.)

haha yeah 20 more would be perfect but I meant overall to vortex not the rpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Wants to Play a Game?   Who Wants to Play a Game? Clock10

Back to top Go down

Who Wants to Play a Game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1