DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 

A new vault & Animation Subforum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mistah_Jayden
Administrator
Mistah_Jayden

A new vault & Animation Subforum Empty
PostA new vault & Animation Subforum

Alright so, YB has offered to re-make the vault and so far is doing an amazing job at it. I'm helping him arrange it all but still he needs more help.
Give him suggestions, constructive criticism, helps for the design of it all etc. Shit even go help us host it all.

www.lswvault.tk

Check it out and help/thank him.

So far it's only the customs and the design is slightly changed but he hasn't updated it all on the actual site.

Oh & one thing.

Mute your sound or lower it if you don't wanna be scared shitless

As for the Animation thing, I'm going to make a sub-forum of it and start updating it with resources and tutorials for those of you who want to learn animation. Depending on how active it gets I'll keep it and expand it more later on. If not it'll be scrapped too.

:3
Back to top Go down

Similar topics

-
» vault
» About the vault...
» Where is the VRP 2.0 Sub Vault?
» Vault?
» Vault?
Share this post on: reddit

A new vault & Animation Subforum :: Comments

Sakagami
Re: A new vault & Animation Subforum
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 am by Sakagami
Loving the structure. Only I think that chars and their forms should be put in one bracket, like there are four Frosts.

Other than that, I think the design could use work.

All in all, beast. We finally see progress and that progress is great.
Mistah_Jayden
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:08 am by Mistah_Jayden
Elaborate on that first part?

Any thing specific on YB's design you feel needs the most work?
Thanks for your input bro Very Happy
Afrolicious
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 am by Afrolicious
I though YBz was doing it for himself/for the forum. If it's going to be the actual vault we use, later on down the road when we give this place a spit shine, we make sure they go together.

Oh, what's the flash thing there since I can't see it on my iDevice. >.>
Mistah_Jayden
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:14 am by Mistah_Jayden
Be happy it doesn't show up XD
A great animation made by YB but if you stay there for a while unless you mute your computer it's slightly annoying.
Yeah it's going to be the actual thing.
beastboybrown
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:51 pm by beastboybrown
I suggest placing a place for base sheets and stuff. Or at least something like that.

Plus I can see many older sheets that don't match the site anymore. Are they expose to be there?
Afrolicious
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:43 pm by Afrolicious
Yeah, I watched it once and didn't want to see it again. xD Make a pause button or a replay button after it finished.

That is all.
Sakagami
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 pm by Sakagami
@Jaydie
Well, if you go to the customs you'll see three squares with Frost in them, of his different forms. I would all be good, cuz they are different sheets, but you'll upload every character and his forms(if separate sheets) separately then you're going to get way too much squares there.

Another thing, eventually it will build up to the point where you'll get lost. So I suggest adding names below the previews so that we could use the search tool.

Now the design part.
I. The width ain't adjustable. It doesn't fit in my 1024x768 screen. Might just be the banner though.
II. The whole design just feels rushed. It might just be that.
III. Some lines of "Link pressed" aren't aligned right and don't match.

I counted 8 Frosts -.-'
Yung Blaze
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:31 pm by Yung Blaze
animation has been replaced on the updated one and it will match the new vortex,
as for the slots all of the sprites are on frost, nexus, kale sheets every form is on a different sheet i link direct to the sheet i thought it out, when people go to a vault most of the time they are looking for a specific sheet it make no sense to put them all in one link thats a zip file.
as for the link pressed thing im not sure what you talking about i test it out with 2 different computers my laptop my pc and on 3 diffident browsers works fine what are you using?
also when the squares fill up im dropping another 194 rack under neath it the vault will have new and old sprites its a vault, there is alot of old sheets that vets till use today. as for base sheets if we decided to put them up they will go at the very bottom of customs
Tails
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:39 pm by Tails
Yb, he's talking about having a button for each custom, which links to a page with all the different versions of said custom, i believe xD
Yung Blaze
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 pm by Yung Blaze
ohhh lol, well are goals is to make is basics and and not have to nav to much to get what you want, a basic get in get what you need so you can continue what your doing, unlike some site were you have to nav though 4,5 pages to get to what you need and repeat to get the next. we also have limited space if we did that with every sprite then at one point we would run out of space to put newer content, keep in mind we have over 1000 dbz sheets to upload yeah... over 1000 so at one point space will be a factor but if we keep it the way i have it set up its more space effective and wont fill up for years i planed alot of stuff out in my head before i did it.

also i changed my res to match yours and everything showed up fine and worked fine on my end sure it might just be you if anyone else having shins problem let me know
beastboybrown
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:57 pm by beastboybrown
Hey maybe you should make a place where older sheets go. By older I mean ones that really don't fit in anymore.
Yung Blaze
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:10 pm by Yung Blaze
when jay get online ill talk to him about it and wee will see, but truth be told there is only 1 old sheet there, the other one that are old school style are recently made so you cant really distinguish between old and new, and what happens when vortex changes it style again, were gonna have to reload and relink every sprite witch takes time. but if it a issue with the majority then ill talk to jay and we will work it out
Tails
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:15 pm by Tails
I doubt it would be a major issue, we all know where what sprites came from, we as in majority
Mistah_Jayden
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:49 pm by Mistah_Jayden
Technically NONE of those sheets fit to today's standards.
If you're looking for recent standard sheets AB's the way to go.
The vault is supposed to have all sprites from OLD to New regardless, you'll be able to tell if the sprite is new or old by the icon picture of the sprite.

I honestly think customs shouldn't even be there. Once it's up and running people are just gonna go mooch off it and if you want to end up like YB's first blaze and see recolors of your sheet all over google by all means go for it.

Within the site we can have that old Character sheet topic for customs but for the vault I honestly don't suggest it.
Yung Blaze
Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 pm by Yung Blaze
with that being said i wont jut randomly take your customs if you sibmited customs to be in my vault at any-point in the past il already have them if you want your custom in there you will have to submit i might give it a password lock that only you guys and thespritas can have the passcode
Sakagami
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:37 am by Sakagami
@Blaze
Well there could be a drop-list when you press on a char you see all his forms previews.
If you think that would work, but don't know to code it I could get you a guy(a girl actually) to do so, though it shouldn't be all too difficult. Depends on what code you use.

Another thing, I really think you should add names beneath those previews.
beastboybrown
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:15 am by beastboybrown
Well what you could do is make people have to sign on to get it. And If they haven't posted 100 comments on this site then don't allow them on.
Yung Blaze
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:20 am by Yung Blaze
Sakagami wrote:
@Blaze
Well there could be a drop-list when you press on a char you see all his forms previews.
If you think that would work, but don't know to code it I could get you a guy(a girl actually) to do so, though it shouldn't be all too difficult. Depends on what code you use.

if it was a flash site you could do that, but its all html and truth be told what you see is just one image http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69194628/LSWSpriteVault/images/CustomGrid.png it more effective than having multiple images.

but hey if you can get her to do every single custom like that im open to it.
beastboybrown wrote:
Well what you could do is make people have to sign on to get it. And If they haven't posted 100 comments on this site then don't allow them on.
thought about it, passcode is just an idea for now, we will see if it come into effect but it will just be for the custom vault if so, the rest is open to the world
Afrolicious
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:24 am by Afrolicious
Yung Blaze wrote:
Sakagami wrote:
@Blaze

if it was a flash site you could do that, but its all html and truth be told what you see is just one image http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69194628/LSWSpriteVault/images/CustomGrid.png it more effective than having multiple images.

but hey if you can get her to do every single custom like that im open to it.
Sorry to break it to you but it is possible with JavaScript or HTML5. It would even be that hard actually, it pretty freaking easy.
Yung Blaze
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:25 am by Yung Blaze
*wispers* i learned everything i know in 2-3 hours lol.
send me a link fro?
Afrolicious
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:39 am by Afrolicious
Haha, silly little noob.

http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/#examples
For this to work you have ditch that massive image and make them individual images. I have no idea it was apart of something that big. It'll be much easier to update. Trust me.
Yung Blaze
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:46 am by Yung Blaze
you sure? i add a char to the vault ever 30second making indivual images take like a 1min it self when i save over the image it auto updates on the site. the was i have it now, ill give it a try offline and let you know whats up
Yung Blaze
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 am by Yung Blaze
kk gave it a shot truthfully its 6x the work and and takes much longer than the way it is now, hope you guys understand its a two man show and some help from jayden on the backend with the file prep(thank god cuz if he didnt it would take ages to finsh the dbz part, renaming over 1000files is not easy/fun) if i were to do it this way vault wont be up for months do it the way we have it now it can but a lil more than half way done next week if not done, i like the idea but to do it is just gonna take time that me and jay dont have
Afrolicious
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:42 am by Afrolicious
How is it 6 times the work? You take one square, paste the sprite and save it. Insert the tags, copy and paste the links. Then all you have to do it name them differently. And once that's done, you could use the jquery menu for the ones that have multiple forms. Trust me, I've done websites by myself and it isn't as hard as you think. Maybe cause you just started out. It come so easy the longer you do it. *shrugs*
Sakagami
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:58 am by Sakagami
I've done some too, that's why I suggested something like this.
Well, but if it does take more time, you could do it as you have been, but that thing in my opinion is really essential.
Yung Blaze
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:22 am by Yung Blaze
like just the prep alone will take much longer compared to now. the way it is now is so much easier and time effective, its just copy sprite to grid and link to sheet. when i do it in bulk i can get so much more done cuz its moving like a Conveyor Belts add all sprites to slot then add all links by copy pasting changing 1 number. but hey i have all the stuff i can send it to you if your willing to make the individuality slots for all of them ill send it to you

to me it doesn't seem like a big deal click the image you want and presto you get what you want, i could have did the whole site in flash and get super flashy but it just made more sense to make it as simple as possible and better than the old one by letting you see what your gonna get instead of having to open 100 gokus to find the one your looking for. but if its what you guys really want then your gonna have to put in some effort to get it that way.
rip
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:10 pm by rip
This awesome
Sakagami
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 pm by Sakagami
Well you see, you either get 100 Gokus along side 80 Vegetas or you get 100 Gokus separately.
Now that I think about it, there ain't much difference.
Afrolicious
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:32 pm by Afrolicious
YBz got black on me. lol *zips his mouth shut*
Mistah_Jayden
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 pm by Mistah_Jayden
Perhaps you should help him out. It's only the two of us doing this. If any of you are pro at making websites or know how to do good designs help YB out. There's a fuck ton of sheets, I work and have to deal with most of the forum, YB is only one man who generously is helping us out. So if you guys want the vault help us finish it faster
Tails
Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:51 pm by Tails
I sorta helped Yb out as much as I could and will keep helping if he needs anything I can do. But since I don't much about website design and whatnot, very limited xD

Edit- So much grammar/spelling fail fixed
Afrolicious
Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:55 am by Afrolicious
I can do it sooner or later, but I sadly will not promise anything to be done right now. Got to manage my time properly, yo.

Send me those files so I can tinker with 'em. Good web design? *redoes his Vortex design again*
beastboybrown
Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:43 am by beastboybrown
Hey MJ did you make the sub-forum for animations yet? I still want to learn more about that.
Mistah_Jayden
Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:35 pm by Mistah_Jayden
I will be doing it shortly sir :3
beastboybrown
Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:00 pm by beastboybrown
Cool I am so excited :-D
Luka
Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:26 pm by Luka
My base sheet hasn't made the cut yet D:

Nor my SSJ2 Teen Gohan sheet D:
Yung Blaze
Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:20 pm by Yung Blaze
i have not touched the vault, i sent it to Afro till i get it back im not touching it everything will be welcome dont worry luka
Mistah_Jayden
Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:04 pm by Mistah_Jayden
Sooo.....anyone capable enough to help YB?
Yung Blaze
Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:46 pm by Yung Blaze
meh when im done exams ill do it, weather or not
Afrolicious
Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:07 pm by Afrolicious
*remains hidden while working on it*
SilentCherokee
Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:29 pm by SilentCherokee
I'll post my animations on there for sure i just need time to finish the hard part of school
Meteoro Blanco
Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:49 pm by Meteoro Blanco
I submit it.
Mageta
Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:21 am by Mageta
OMG A VAULT!
Yung Blaze
Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:31 pm by Yung Blaze
Help expand the storage of the vault by making an account on the link below the more space we have the better just making an account adds 500mb of storage to the vault
http://db.tt/VzXV5s2
This is also a good program for everyone to use its an online folder you can accessible anywhere and shows up like normal folder on your desktop.
Son Ryan
Post Fri May 18, 2012 10:32 pm by Son Ryan
Cant wait to see when it gets full of sprites Grin
Post  by Sponsored content

A new vault & Animation Subforum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ Vortex :: Information Boards :: Announcements & Updates-