DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Official Marvel Topic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luka
Luka

Official Marvel Topic? Empty
PostSubject: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:30 am

Well seeing as we don't have a Marvel topic in here, I was figuring I'd start one since I'm a die-hard Marvel fan, probably more than I am a Dragon Ball fan. And to be honest, it's a dying art. Marvel stories these days are just way too out there and ridiculous, and I'm starting this topic to see what you guys think about it. If this topic is sticky-note worthy that'd be cool. But we'll see how it goes.

First, how many Marvel fans out there?
Back to top Go down
Weeping Guitar
Retired Moderator
Weeping Guitar

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:53 am

The fuck? Why you gotta dis DC like that?
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:57 am

Fullpower wrote:

Cos DC sucks IMO except for Batman
Back to top Go down
Axxon456
Axxon456

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:58 am

Luka wrote:
Fullpower wrote:

Shit just got Batshit.
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:02 am

Should I re-name this topic to Marvel vs. DC??
Back to top Go down
Sasuke-Ish
Sasuke-Ish

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:20 am

Wolverine ftw, I just shaved my beard for Halloween
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:21 am

Sasuke-Ish wrote:
Wolverine ftw, I just shaved my beard for Halloween

Spider-Man, X-Men, Iron-Man, all super sick. Hulk and Thor are kinda faggy but that's beside the point. Just starting to like the Cap too, and now BUCKY'S fucking cap?? what bullshit is this?!??!
I walk away from the Marvel universe for a few years and it's turned to shit.

Back to top Go down
Weeping Guitar
Retired Moderator
Weeping Guitar

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 am

Luka wrote:
Fullpower wrote:

The fuck again? DC is got it going on. The Blackest Knight and Batman Reborn have been great this past year. Hal Jordan is now the main Green Lantern. Superman and Batman have always been top stuff. The only thing I don't agree with on DC is Wonder Woman's new outfit. But it will return to normal. All major costume redesigns do.

Marvel has Spidey and X-Men. Thats about all I care for in that universe. And the Iron Man movies.

Last edited by Fullpower on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:12 am

Fullpower wrote:
The fuck again? DC is got it going on.

I've been reading DC: The New Frontier and I gotta say my mind is being changed. At least I like Martian Man Hunter, he's tight
Back to top Go down
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm a Marvel fan and I think DC sucks, but I don't know much about it, the only thing I like is Batman, he is badass. But my favourite character of all times is Wolverine (of course, the old one, not the anime one), but Spiderman, Human Touch (Idk if it's written like that), Hulk, Iron Man, Deadpoll and a lot more are awsome too.
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Bob wrote:
Human Touch
What kind of comics have you been reading? xD

It's spelled Human Torch Crosseyehappy
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Oh, sorry... That's why I written:
Bob wrote:
Human Touch (Idk if it's written like that)
I'm brazillian, here, the comics aren't in english.
Back to top Go down
Weeping Guitar
Retired Moderator
Weeping Guitar

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:43 am

Bob wrote:
I think DC sucks, but I don't know much about it.

So how the hell can you say it sucks then? That is the stupidest logic in the world.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Simetra
Dr. Simetra

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 am

Almagam Comics f-f-f-foo life

Official Marvel Topic? Amalgam
Back to top Go down
http://www.simetra666.deviantart.com/
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Fullpower wrote:
Bob wrote:

So how the hell can you say it sucks then? That is the stupidest logic in the world.
What I've seen suck, but I haven't seen that much (compared to the much I've read about Marvel), altough I've already read some Batman, Super Man, Flash and Green Lantern comics. The only one I liked was Batman.
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Sad to see that there's no one else completely enveloped in the Marvel universe as much as me :'(
Back to top Go down
The Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Bob wrote:
Fullpower wrote:
Bob wrote:

What I've seen suck, but I haven't seen that much (compared to the much I've read about Marvel), altough I've already read some Batman, Super Man, Flash and Green Lantern comics. The only one I liked was Batman.

'Some' being 1 or 2 pages at the most I take it? I used to prefer Marvel and had almost the same view as you, but then I actually read DC and it butt fucks most of Marvel hands down and even more so now that Disney have decided to faggify it.

Also, don't fall back on the typical 'Hulk is the strongest comic book character ever' because that just gets boring >.<

Back to top Go down
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Bob wrote:
Fullpower wrote:
Bob wrote:

'Some' being 1 or 2 pages at the most I take it?
No, I meant full stories. At least here in Brazil, each comic book have more than only one story of only one character, so I read a full comic with stories of those ones I told and I didn't like of any of them, just Batman.
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:39 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
'Some' being 1 or 2 pages at the most I take it? I used to prefer Marvel and had almost the same view as you, but then I actually read DC and it butt fucks most of Marvel hands down and even more so now that Disney have decided to faggify it.

Also, don't fall back on the typical 'Hulk is the strongest comic book character ever' because that just gets boring >.<

You'd be surprised, even tho Disney owns Marvel now it's bloodier and more adulterated than ever. What does that last sentence even mean? Hulk's my least favorite Marvel character
Back to top Go down
The Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Most Marvel fans always end up saying that the Hulk could beat anyone from the DC universe. When there are quite alot of DC characters that could beat him.
I only really added that last sentence in my last post as a fallback incase the Hulk came up later on.

The only Marvel related thing I've seen in the recently that even looks half appealing is the Ironman anime.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Hulk IS one of the strongest comic book characters. There are people that could give him a run for his money like Superman, Darkseid and people along those lines. I love Marvel to death but DC is pretty damn cool too. Batman is among of, if not the greatest, super heroes of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:54 pm

AfroLuffy wrote:
Hulk IS one of the strongest comic book characters. There are people that could give him a run for his money like Superman, Darkseid and people along those lines. I love Marvel to death but DC is pretty damn cool too. Batman is among of, if not the greatest, super heroes of all time.

I will defend to the death that Batman and all the villains/heroes that come with him are all perfect in their own way, if done right by good writers and artists, yes Batman is the greatest but not far is Spider Man. My all time favorite always and forever hahaha
Back to top Go down
The Real Radactive
The Real Radactive

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Yes!!! Finally a topic that I can fully have interest in. So first I will say this Marvel and DC are awesome but I prefer Marvel over DC just cause I like so many more characters in Marvel than I do DC. My favorite all time comic book character is Deadpool he is the most badass character ever in my opinion. My Favorite comic book film has to be The Dark Knight, and Im very pumped for the sequel.

Also I will be the first to say I am uber excited for almost all of the comic book films next year except for X-Men First Class (Now that thing will suck), Im also really excited for when they finally make the Deadpool film (I just hope FOX doesent screw it up).

And thats about all I can say for the moment... Ohh Fullpower Green Lantern's Name is Hal Jordan not Gordon. Ok thats all and I hope to have more dicussions in this topic.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 pm

I didn't say that Hulk wasm't one of the strongest. I was just trying to rectify the point that it would be brought up at least once if not more in this thread.
Don't get me wrong, Planet Hulk is not a half bad animated film, but it does not in my honest opinion reach the standards of most if not all of the DC animated movies, especially the Superman/Batman ones.

Batman is utmost the best superhero of all time and his villians are one of a kind. The creativity and guise that goes into every storyline is immense to say the least, there has not been one Batman story line i've not found entertaining (no bias towards Batman via my username.)

Unlike this threads subtitle, I'm not against a rival comics brand, If anything I'd like a debate or discussion about it but I'm not sure if it would be civil.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Simetra
Dr. Simetra

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:26 am

The only reason I am not debating in this topic is the fact that Amalgam comics is superior to both comic companies. Which I doubt any of you have ever heard of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simetra666.deviantart.com/
RaptorZ8
RaptorZ8

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:41 am

Dr. Simetra wrote:
The only reason I am not debating in this topic is the fact that Amalgam comics is superior to both comic companies. Which I doubt any of you have ever heard of it.

Meh, I have all four comics of Marvel vs DC, and Dark Claw and i just don't LIKE IT

About choosin Marvel or DC,well that's difficult, but i'd go definitively for Marvel cuz' i love Deadpool,Daredevil,Maverick( maybe you'll ask who the hell is him ), and Punisher

Nuff' said
Back to top Go down
http://RaptorZ8.deviantart.com
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:31 am

RaptorZ8 wrote:
Dr. Simetra wrote:

Meh, I have all four comics of Marvel vs DC, and Dark Claw and i just don't LIKE IT

About choosin Marvel or DC,well that's difficult, but i'd go definitively for Marvel cuz' i love Deadpool,Daredevil,Maverick( maybe you'll ask who the hell is him ), and Punisher

Nuff' said

Maverick's a badass. But I just gotta say Batman and SpiderMan take the cake. especially Ultimate Spiderman, shit is such well-written dialogue and plot and everything.

And the history behind all of Marvel, the universe is craazzaayy
Back to top Go down
The Real Radactive
The Real Radactive

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey since this is basically a comic book topic... Who is excited for the soon to come Batman Beyond ongoing comic book?
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:17 pm

The Real Radactive wrote:
Hey since this is basically a comic book topic... Who is excited for the soon to come Batman Beyond ongoing comic book?
Batman Beyond?
Where!?
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
The Real Radactive
The Real Radactive

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Onis wrote:
The Real Radactive wrote:
Batman Beyond?
Where!?

Yeah they said it was going to happen back in October at the New York Comic Con... apparently it will start in January straight to December. Hopefully if those do well they will issue a weekly series. I know Im really excited for January now!
Back to top Go down
Cody
Cody

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:57 am

I'm teh creator of .....DC Topc ....check out my.....topic.....just search about dc......Crosseyehappy
Back to top Go down
Razøer_Starlock_Fury
Razøer_Starlock_Fury

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:57 pm

Cody wrote:
I'm teh creator of .....DC Topc ....check out my.....topic.....just search about dc......Crosseyehappy
Don't promote your topic within another topic unless it's a topic that's already been made.

Comic Book debating upon which company is better is like the console wars, everybody's wrong, because it's only a matter of opinion and perspective. I personally like Marvel's X-Men, the Punisher and some others, then again I like DC too for Watchmen, Batman and their other characters. I'd like to hear more about this Batman Beyond comic book however.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:22 am

RSF_The_Bunny wrote:
I'd like to hear more about this Batman Beyond comic book however.

Well sort of like the animated series, Terry McGinnis is the new Batman. And now it's finally being classed as cannon so theres no debating it now.

Another thing is (not to sure if this is true or not) but Bruce Wayne isn't McGinnis' mentor, Bruce Wayne's son, Damian is the old Batman passing the mantle down and attempting to guide Terry.

Don't know too much about what will happen in this series but, I know Terry turns down an invitation to become a member of the JLU. I'll post more if I can find anything else out.
Back to top Go down
Weeping Guitar
Retired Moderator
Weeping Guitar

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Dammit, fucking typos killed the name of one of my favorite heroes.

Also I'd like to retract my statement about Spidey and X-Men being the only thing I care about in Marvel. I enjoy the Hulk, Iron Man and most of the Avengers stuff. I'm excited for the rest of the Avengers films coming out, not so much about the Hulk being recast AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
L. Cole
L. Cole

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Some characters...
BEST-
Spiderman
Wolverine
Red Hulk
Deadpool
Iron Man
Black Panther
Yellowjacket
Iron Man
Bobby Drake
& LUKE CAGE
BAD-
Mr.Fantastic
&
Nick Fury(Cuz I just hate him..)
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com
The Real Radactive
The Real Radactive

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:07 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
RSF_The_Bunny wrote:
I'd like to hear more about this Batman Beyond comic book however.

Well sort of like the animated series, Terry McGinnis is the new Batman. And now it's finally being classed as cannon so theres no debating it now.

Another thing is (not to sure if this is true or not) but Bruce Wayne isn't McGinnis' mentor, Bruce Wayne's son, Damian is the old Batman passing the mantle down and attempting to guide Terry.

Don't know too much about what will happen in this series but, I know Terry turns down an invitation to become a member of the JLU. I'll post more if I can find anything else out.

Dark Knight you are quite true but the animated series has not yet been counted as cannon. Now on that topic the one DC comics made up with Terry being trained by Damian is cannon but not the show.

The new comic book series as far as I know is set in between the ending of the show and before the Justice League Unlimited episode "Epilogue". So Im pretty excited to see what they can come up with.

Also since we are dicussing Batman Beyond. I was gonna say who thinks that after they release Nolan's last Batman film, That they instead of rebooting Batman right away they should try out Batman Beyond on the big screen?

I personally think it would be awesome and as far as who should play Bruce Wayne/Batman to be Terry's mentor, I would want none other than Michael Keaton! And as far as the rest on the cast I would love some unknowns that can act. So that we will see the character and not the actor thats playing the character (kinda like the Superman strategy they did with Reeves and Routh).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Marvel Topic?   Official Marvel Topic? Clock10

Back to top Go down

Official Marvel Topic?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1