DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

"Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Onis
Onis

"Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Empty
PostSubject: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:48 am

"Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Emote
^See this. This means this is serious business.
---------------------
Do you remember? Do you really? 'Cause I hardly do. I've been here quite awhile, not as much as many of you, but still- 3 years is a pretty long time. Ever since I joined, the place has kind of been going downhill. There were some periods where everything was just dandy, but that's long behind us.

Member activity I feel has been killing us lately. It's picked up a little, but it doesn't really feel like Vortex anymore. The best friends I made here are practically all gone, and I honestly hate that. But hey, they have lives, and that's understandable. But if there's no real reason for them to even stop by now and then, that's not a good sign, is it?

It's not just the activity of members that's been failing, the Staff hasn't been doing a great job being here. Not that there are a lot of rules being broken all the time, but banning noobs off the internet isn't all they're here for. We need stuff happening, we need to make this place fun again. We need new ideas- new blood.

I feel we need a change.

But that has to start somewhere right? The first thing we need, I believe, is a new Staff. We don't have to do anything drastic like change every single member of the staff, but we do indeed need new ones.

So to summarize, I think we need the following:
-A new, active Staff, with new ideas to implement for us.
-New, and dedicated members.

This thread is open for all of us to voice our thoughts and opinions on the matter, so please- share them.
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Triplezman
Triplezman

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:05 am

I think we need a new admin who is on every once in a while. Can we get a new one of those?
Back to top Go down
N

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 am

And some large fries, thanks.

We need at least one admin that can be active, and the complete mod lineup should be revamped.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 am

I've been petitioning my green name tag back for awhile now >.>

As far as activity, that's up to you guys as the community, not the staff. The staff exist to enforce the rules and to fix thread-related problems that the users can't fix on their own. The amount of activity, new sprites, and general attitude comes from the standard John Q. Member.

If you want more new sprites, start making them yourself. It catches on quickly.
If you want contests, host them.
However, you can't say "the staff doesn't give us enough stuff to play with so this place sucks."

I'll do whatever I can to help, but I'm only one man. This is an internet community, therefore it needs a community of active people who want Vortex to be fun for it to amount to anything.

Back to top Go down
N

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am

We aren't saying that. Yes, we the community are what define activity, but unfortunately Vortex just isn't holding the community's attention. People are leaving, and fast. Activity is at an all time low, and we need to start thinking about what we can do to increase activity. That starts with implementing new ideas and features that will maintain member interest and make sure we get this place booming again.

If we want people to be less inactive, then first we need staff that's active themselves. There are many members that have experience here, are sensible, and have ideas to pitch. Meanwhile, most of our current staff isn't active at all. We should start looking at how we can get some fresh blood into the mix and start making some changes.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 am

Well, for immediate starters, until AB/Jay/Seto return, no one's getting a promotion or a demotion.
However, I really disagree with the stance that it's the mod-staff who are the cornerstone of activity.
Members will be here if they want to sprite, interact with the members including staff and non-staff, and if they like the atmosphere.

I say that it falls on each member of Vortex to make this place welcoming and thriving, rather than waiting on the staff to fix things for everyone else. We tried that several months to a year ago if you'll recall, and it did jack-squat for activity.
Back to top Go down
Razøer_Starlock_Fury
Razøer_Starlock_Fury

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:18 am

Blues Light wrote:
I've been petitioning my green name tag back for awhile now >.>
I've been asking for this since I found out about you being stuck with Blue.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 am

I will say that the average members' activity and sprites have to help with the overall atmosphere, but the Mods need a part in it too. The Staff members are like teachers, without them the class, the members, will spin out of control. Jesse has been holding down the Mod Shack single-handedly for months with the rest of you guys come in and out. Blues, I feel you should be promoted to Admin so we would have 2 relatively active Admins. But I digress, we all need to be on the same page for this overhaul to work. We just need to take it and roll with it until we can get this sorted out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 am

I seriously think the whole open-source VRP thing could really liven this place up.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:58 am

If another out-source VRP is to happen, don't you think a new style would be needed? Maybe another contest where the winner gets a custom scooter should be held. You know how many members want one of those.
Back to top Go down
Razøer_Starlock_Fury
Razøer_Starlock_Fury

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:22 am

AfroLuffy wrote:
Jesse has been holding down the Mod Shack single-handedly for months with the rest of you guys come in and out.
I what? Was this before I moved, or during?
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:33 am

Before. You was like the only mod active for a while. Nexus also did that, but he disappeared. :/
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:41 am

AfroLuffy wrote:
If another out-source VRP is to happen, don't you think a new style would be needed? Maybe another contest where the winner gets a custom scooter should be held. You know how many members want one of those.

I agree that we need more contests and things like that. Again, if I had a green name tag, I could add in things like that for users. /sigh

As for a new VRP-type project, we would need a new uniform style. From everything as simple as what kind of shading to usage or lack thereof of AA. Also, something that the original VRP sheets managed to do was to churn out the most useful DBZ characters for the majority of Vortex, such as a Goku in his gi or Vegeta in a few armors, as the majority of customs are either wearing some loose clothing or in Saiyan armour. I do think a basic VRP style is needed to keep the project uniform so that no matter who is using the sprites, they will match stylistically instead of how sprites from different creators tend to clash a bit when it comes to shading and detail. The style needs to be complex enough to show detail but accessible enough so that the majority of Vortexians will find it easy to work with and sheet characters that we haven't done yet.
The whole project needs to be far more open to the community than VRP was in the past. Part of what helped it was the closed fence in the beginning so the style could be formed, but once that groundwork was laid, the walls should've come down and the community let in. However, with that said, the style must be consistent if any kind of cohesiveness is to be found in the project. If a Goku from the beginning of the project and an Android 19 from the end of the project have a totally different feel to them, then the whole endeavor is a failure.
Back to top Go down
Triplezman
Triplezman

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:57 am

Blues Light wrote:
AfroLuffy wrote:

I agree that we need more contests and things like that. Again, if I had a green name tag, I could add in things like that for users. /sigh

As for a new VRP-type project, we would need a new uniform style. From everything as simple as what kind of shading to usage or lack thereof of AA. Also, something that the original VRP sheets managed to do was to churn out the most useful DBZ characters for the majority of Vortex, such as a Goku in his gi or Vegeta in a few armors, as the majority of customs are either wearing some loose clothing or in Saiyan armour. I do think a basic VRP style is needed to keep the project uniform so that no matter who is using the sprites, they will match stylistically instead of how sprites from different creators tend to clash a bit when it comes to shading and detail. The style needs to be complex enough to show detail but accessible enough so that the majority of Vortexians will find it easy to work with and sheet characters that we haven't done yet.
The whole project needs to be far more open to the community than VRP was in the past. Part of what helped it was the closed fence in the beginning so the style could be formed, but once that groundwork was laid, the walls should've come down and the community let in. However, with that said, the style must be consistent if any kind of cohesiveness is to be found in the project. If a Goku from the beginning of the project and an Android 19 from the end of the project have a totally different feel to them, then the whole endeavor is a failure.

*Reads the whole thing*

There is no part of that I didn't like.

If we're going for a style, I suggest something similar to VRP 1.0, which is simpler and in my opinion better than VRP 2.0, and maybe we should get Admins (when we have them again) to approve the sprites if they fit the style, or reject them if they do not.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:04 am

Triplezman Holder of 1000 wrote:
Blues Light wrote:
Pure genius.

*Reads the whole thing*

There is no part of that I didn't like.

If we're going for a style, I suggest something similar to VRP 1.0, which is simpler and in my opinion better than VRP 2.0, and maybe we should get Admins (when we have them again) to approve the sprites if they fit the style, or reject them if they do not.

I'd rather have the majority of the community approve the sprites, with some of the older and more respected/talented spriters having more say on the final design personally. Afterall, this would be a project for every DBZVortex member to participate in, if he or she wishes, so they should have some say in how the sprite style is designed.

Obviously it would be impossible to please everyone, but a general look could more or less be agreed upon...right?
Back to top Go down
Yung Blaze
Yung Blaze

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:15 am

im gonna help the new kids getter better that should help activity a bit and help out the community.
if you have any suggestions send the into the topic just click on the sig
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 am

Yung Blaze wrote:
im gonna help the new kids getter better that should help activity a bit and help out the community.
if you have any suggestions send the into the topic just click on the sig

Custom poses. For the love of Christ, custom poses.

There's so many standing poses around here that it makes me sick. I'm as guilty of it as anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:29 am

I completely agree.
I check the forum literally every day so I reckon I'd be an okay mod. Plus I live in Australia so I could moderate noobs while y'all are asleep. Not a suggestion, just sayin'.

Aceboard, for those of us who remember, was a vibrant, happy place with many active members.
I think the problem here is that people sign up for the purpose of leeching sprites or whatever and don't make any don't make any contributions.
And by contributions I don't just mean sprites, I mean they don't post at all.

What can we do to fix this?
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:34 am

Aceboard was jumping for a variety of reasons.

Namely, it was the first Vortex. We've lost people from our move from board to board, but most everyone followed right along.
Secondly, people just come and go; I'm a prime example. Stuff comes into and out of our lives, giving us more or less time to devote to spriting, as it's just a hobby.
What really needs to happen is an arrival of some new faces that really love spriting and want to pursue it, rather than gathering materials for some half-assed game or comic that never sees fruition.
Spriting's also just not very popular anymore. Well, I'm not sure if it was ever "popular," but fewer and fewer games are utilizing sprites anymore outside of menus or maps. The whole genre is becoming a lost art.
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:46 am

Look, we all know who the dedicated members/spriters are here and who aren't.
I'm sure that's somehow relevant.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:22 am

I think people could just start commenting on every others topics, that inspire people, crits are good for people to improve, at least me, I feel much better doing something when I know it's good, or if it's not, when I know how to fix, I think like that, people would start posting more and more. Because usually, the same people comments on the same topics, like, just on friends topics (except for a few, of course).
I myself had made a topic like that a month ago, but just one person replied.
Back to top Go down
Omega Jet
Omega Jet

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:09 am

I completely agree.
Vortex is no fun at all now, I have been a member for 1 year and even I can remember when Vortex was really fun.
I also feel we need new staff and whatnot, some reliable and active people who can constantly enforce the rules, because as of now, its only RSF and Blues.
Also some people are too harsh on the new members, even if they break the rules, they should be given a chance to redeem themselves. Only then can they develop and become valuable members for the community. Remember, we were all new at some point of vortex and we all broke the rules once or twice.

About the VRP thing, I feel Blues and the admins could come up with VRP 3.0, a revamp of VRP 2.0, just like they did last time.

Just sharing what I feel.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:23 am

It'd be nice to have another team.
Back to top Go down
L. Cole
L. Cole

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:41 am

Yeah. I agree with all of you. I've only been here for 6 months and it felt like a whole year. But in the time that I've been here all I have seen is inactivity. I mean that everyday or once in a while, everything stays the same. Not many people comment on other peoples sprites like leaving it alone. I totally agree with you Bob. Why not when an Admin comes back ask or just show you can be Moderater worthy. Thats all.
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:00 pm

With the Mod selection, you have to be refered by another Mod, I think. The reason newbies are treated so bad is because of people like andragon. They blantantly disregard others and brings everyone down. Most of new people like, Bob, Zbir and Freeman, give newbsies a good name. We are just screening you guys so that it's good for the forum.

And Omega, I haven't broke one rule since I've been here. :)
Back to top Go down
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:42 pm

The last time I posted I hadn't read the whole topic, now, after reading everything:
1- It'd be nice if someone handled a contest for a VRP 3.0 base sheet or something;
2- Since I'm here there wasn't any changing on the staff, so I don't know how it works. But, do we have any influence on the choice of the staff? If so, I think M_J, Onis and Synth are nice for mods, as they are always active and are old memebers. Note (my opinion, tough): I've never seen anything good coming from Ryu;
3- I think Blues and RSF would be good adimns. As they are mature and always activity.
4- I also think that we, I mean newbies, have to start this whole inactivity thing, because if we stop and think, on aceboard, the guys above were the newbies, and if it was so fun as they say, it was like that because of them. Let's start posting on others topics, even if it's crap, let's start incentivating people who want to improve and everything will be better.

For me, the best part of this Blues's VRP idea is that it will join everybody, and the differences from skill, age and power (mod/adimn/veteran/newbie) will be put apart. We will all be vortexians.
Back to top Go down
Razøer_Starlock_Fury
Razøer_Starlock_Fury

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:19 am

Bob wrote:
The last time I posted I hadn't read the whole topic, now, after reading everything:
1- It'd be nice if someone handled a contest for a VRP 3.0 base sheet or something;
2- Since I'm here there wasn't any changing on the staff, so I don't know how it works. But, do we have any influence on the choice of the staff? If so, I think M_J, Onis and Synth are nice for mods, as they are always active and are old memebers. Note (my opinion, tough): I've never seen anything good coming from Ryu;
3- I think Blues and RSF would be good adimns. As they are mature and always activity.
4- I also think that we, I mean newbies, have to start this whole inactivity thing, because if we stop and think, on aceboard, the guys above were the newbies, and if it was so fun as they say, it was like that because of them. Let's start posting on others topics, even if it's crap, let's start incentivating people who want to improve and everything will be better.

For me, the best part of this Blues's VRP idea is that it will join everybody, and the differences from skill, age and power (mod/adimn/veteran/newbie) will be put apart. We will all be vortexians.
1 - I think that'd be nice, a new project run by people who won't drop it half way into it of course.
2 - I agree with you about Mistah_Jayden & Onis for Moderator-Nomination, I've not seen much from Synth, but maybe in time I will. As for Ryu, he provides more of a comedic effect on what he does more than anything, for the time he was here until he disappeared, he did his job and right. Can't take that away from him.
3 - I appreciate the kind thoughts of thinking I'd be a good administrator Bob, another thing I agree with is that Zack needs his title back.
4 - Again, as I said in the chatbox (if you were there, I cannot recall), this is just a phase; People are in school. Some are in college. The future of their life depends on the time they spend right now, however in a few weeks/days/months, they'll be back, and we'll be back the way we were. It's been like this for soon to be 6 years.
Back to top Go down
N

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:34 am

If this has become a staff nomination thread, I nominate Onis, M_J, and Sim. I de-nominate Ryu also. Nothing personal, but spaces that are filled by people that don't actually contribute all that much should be cleared. Not that he's the only one either, he's just the only one I can be bothered to think of at the moment. I'd also de-nominate Blues, as he uses his modly power in an irresponsible and immature fashion. Knowing him, he'll threaten to ban me for that statement, which is the exact thing I'm saying here. A solution should be sorted out in mucky situations, not just "stfu kids or I'll ban you". We need responsible moderators.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 am

Nixta wrote:
If this has become a staff nomination thread, I nominate Onis, M_J, and Sim. I de-nominate Ryu also. Nothing personal, but spaces that are filled by people that don't actually contribute all that much should be cleared. Not that he's the only one either, he's just the only one I can be bothered to think of at the moment. I'd also de-nominate Blues, as he uses his modly power in an irresponsible and immature fashion. Knowing him, he'll threaten to ban me for that statement, which is the exact thing I'm saying here. A solution should be sorted out in mucky situations, not just "stfu kids or I'll ban you". We need responsible moderators.

This is why I've never personally understood you Nixta. I don't believe I've ever done anything to cause you to dislike me, but if I have, I apologize.

With that said,
Quote :
No topics to bitch about personal issues.
DBZ Vortex is not a playground for complaining about your life. Do not use this place to complain about personal issues, problems you have with other places or other with members. This is not the same however as critiquing about aspects of the forum - this is a allowed in the Questions and Suggestions forum. Staff discretion is allowed when dealing with topics on this matter.

Quote :
Respect the staff.
This ties in with the first rule on respect for everybody else. Love us or hate us, our decisions are final. If you have a problem with us, do not turn it into a manifesto; take it up privately. Show respect for us, and we'll give the deserving kindness and respect back to you.

And, if you're referring to the business of people picking on AF_Elijah and me telling them all to stop it or I'd ban them (I'd also like you to recall that I didn't ban anyone btw),
Quote :
We hold Staff Rights (Disclaimer).
All staff have the right to right to administer punishment to any member who commits an offence at any period of the day. Said punishment is allowed to vary depending on the staff member, time of the day or mood of the punisher. In short - do not catch or place a member of staff in a foul mood.

I fail to see how any of that was immature.
Back to top Go down
N

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:02 am

I respect your answer, Blues, and in showing the same respect on this matter back to you, I'll either take this up privately or leave it.
Back to top Go down
Axxon456
Axxon456

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:16 am

Then you would not have liked Mcx much. I miss him Sad

Wasn't there a staff update not to long ago?
Back to top Go down
N

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 am

Axxon456 wrote:
Then you would not have liked Mcx much. I miss him Sad

You say that as if I weren't here, Axxon.
Back to top Go down
Axxon456
Axxon456

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:23 am

"checks scouter" Ohhh, Shouldv'e seen that coming. Sorry about that.

But yeah, I do remember there being a Staff update a couple months ago.

Back to top Go down
Razøer_Starlock_Fury
Razøer_Starlock_Fury

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:44 am

Axxon456 wrote:
"checks scouter" Ohhh, Shouldv'e seen that coming. Sorry about that.
You shouldn't apologize Jessie, that scouter means nothing in terms of time-length, that's just an origin point. Doesn't mean it's continual, because it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:46 am

Well, I'm gonna start BEING the change I want to see. I want to get more comments, so I'm gonna start commenting more. I want to see more originality, So I'll be more original.

I suggest you do what you want to happen also, because if you're not going to change to what you want, who else is going to change into what you want?

Once more activity picks up is when we would need more active mods, but with a nearly dead Vortex, why would we need anything more than a nearly dead moderating service?

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

Oh, Onis. *hug*
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:29 am

Order! Order in the Vortex!

I kid but seriously, you guys are throwing up some really good suggestions for Vortex. I've been away on vacation for a good while but it seems that I've returned in the very thick of things. 

I'm gonna add a little bit of what I think and then changes that I plan to implement. 
Firstly, when I took off for my vacation this place seemed pretty stale, but upon my return it seems like activity has picked up quite a bit. I sifted through some sprite topics and even saw a couple of sheets which was very refreshing to see. What I'm getting at is that this place will always have moments of downtime and moments of uptime. We have to accept that it's gonna happen a lot more now due to many of the reasons people have stated in this topic. 

For things I plan on changing and discussing with the staff are the following:
-Making Blues an Admin and helping me give this place some life
-New roles upon Vortex to bring back that 'old happy, I want to be here and sprite' feel

Thanks for your input guys and your patience in my time away. I'm here to say now though it feels good being back in the captain's uniform and I plan on steering this ship in the right direction and to a brighter future! Yarr!
Back to top Go down
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Rav, I completely agree to you. I'm trying that too. I study from 6 am to 7 pm, but when I'm back home, I try to c&c on every topic, because that's what I want to happen to me, and I can't ask when I don't give.
"Those are my thoughts on the matter."[2]
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 pm

As you guys know it's hard running this ship on your own. It's why AB decided back in the day to have Koji and Jay join his side. And that's why I've decided to bring back a Retired Admin to help me run this ship also.

Say hello to your new Administrator, Blues Light.
Back to top Go down
N

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 am

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I mean yay

Still, congrats Blues.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 am

Nixta wrote:
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I mean yay

Still, congrats Blues.

I love you Nixta <3
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 am

*begins planning to overthrow the Staff*

Congrats Old Man Blues.
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

Glad to see ya back, Blues.

Also, is it just me or is the "Go Down" arrow not working, while the "Back to Top" is?
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:00 am

I love you Blues.

Also. When it comes to the Editorials, as I am still the Lead Editor; did anyone actually read them? Does anyone want them to continue updates? Does anyone have any suggestions for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:05 am

Ravage_Gokan wrote:
I love you Blues.

Also. When it comes to the Editorials, as I am still the Lead Editor; did anyone actually read them? Does anyone want them to continue updates? Does anyone have any suggestions for it?

I read them <3

I think it would be good if you continue them. If nothing else, posting them makes them available and active instead of one more thing here that's died.

@ Onis: I've never personally used it.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:12 am

Double-post for importance!

Congrats to MISTAH_JAYDEN, the newest addition to our moderator staff!
Back to top Go down
Mistah_Jayden
Administrator
Mistah_Jayden

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:14 am

Wait what? I am? D:
Back to top Go down
Axxon456
Axxon456

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 am

Gratz Blues on Admin

And Gratz My Best bud Jayden!
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:21 am

Mistah_Jayden wrote:
Wait what? I am? D:

Yep, you are.
The staff is being restructured as well as some other Vortex matters which are being dealt with in the next coming days.

I'll post an official announcement tomorrow listing everything that's on the horizon.

You guys asked for change, and by Jay's possible chin hairs, you're getting them.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:23 am

A Dominican Mod? Ay dios mio.
Back to top Go down
Mistah_Jayden
Administrator
Mistah_Jayden

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 am

Lmfaoo Afro Get on msn mann. I need your help on something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"   "Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?" Clock10

Back to top Go down

"Hey guys. Remember when Vortex was all like... happy?"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next