DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Your Character's English Name?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryu

Your Character's English Name? Empty
PostSubject: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 pm

I was curious as to what people would call their customs if they didn't live in Japan. I just was wondering because I did the reverse for Joshua Ryu when I renamed him Ryu Raiden.
Back to top Go down
Inverse Knight
Inverse Knight

PostSubject: Re: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Gousetsu is "Tremendous Snowfall". Fitting, aye?
His original last name Aisutsume is split into the Engrish word for "ice" and the Japanese word for "Claw". "Ice claw"...I renamed him when I realized that. His current last name is "Mitsurugi", which means "Heavenly Blade".
Gouko, It's been a really long time since I named him, but his name comes from the Japanese word "Gouka", which means "Hell Fire". His last name "Daikirai" means "Strong Hatred". I was an emo bitch when I was thirteen.
I have a new custom that you guys have not seen yet, but his name is "Yakiniku Karu". My friend and I wanted to continue the Food Puns from the series, so his name means "Stir Fried Beef".
Back to top Go down
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:21 pm

When I read the title, I tought it was about the meaning of the name of our characters. It isn't, but would be nice if it was.

EDIT: after reading V_S post, I think it's really about the meaning, right?
Well, my custom's names are: Bob, Franklin, Ishtos, Onorin and Vatre.

-Bob and Franklin are common names, they have nothing to represent.
-Ishtos comes from the greek ishýs (fonetic form) that means power and entós (fonetic form) that means inside. So, Ishtos means power from inside (completely cliche, I know).
-Onorin comes from the greek too, but I don't remember what it means, I just know it has something with wisdom.
-And finally Vatre, I don't remember what it means, actually, I have no idea of the meaning, I just know it comes from the serbian.

Actually nothing with Japanese... :S
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Ran'Dum Taironu ('Japanese')- Random Tyrone :)
Shishimaku (Chinese)- Immortal Guardian Lion
Lúa (Vietnamese) - Rice
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Nexus
Nexus

PostSubject: Re: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Nexus - Nexus

Nexus is Nexus no matter what country he's sleeping and killing people in.
Back to top Go down
Inverse Knight
Inverse Knight

PostSubject: Re: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:49 am

Nexus wrote:
Nexus - Nexus

Nexus is Nexus no matter what country he's sleeping and killing people getting killed in.

Fixed.

Love you Joshy xD
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Nexus

PostSubject: Re: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:50 am

Warrior_Of_Light wrote:
Nexus wrote:
Nexus - Nexus

Nexus is Nexus no matter what country he's sleeping and killing people getting killed in.

Fixed.

Love you Joshy xD

Oh Johnny. I forgot you were still around Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Inverse Knight
Inverse Knight

PostSubject: Re: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:58 am

Nexus wrote:
Warrior_Of_Light wrote:
Nexus wrote:
Nexus - Nexus

Fixed.

Love you Joshy xD

Oh Johnny. I forgot you were still around Very Happy

I'm like Herpes, I keep coming back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Character's English Name?   Your Character's English Name? Clock10

Back to top Go down

Your Character's English Name?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1