DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rip
rip

got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Empty
PostSubject: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:58 am

well u guys know that im more of a old school style spriter ..... well i was thinking maybe for like 1 week per month we sprite in oldschool style
my reasons are simple ....
1. easy to edit as well as sheet
2. if it was wasnt for the original we wouldnt have all the others base styles to sprite with
3.back in the day there was always a topic at least every hour per day because of that style

ok now somethings that people would need to follow
1 atleast 2 shaded or unshaded sprites
at least attempt to sheet wat they post

i really hope some people will somewhat agree with me so plz make this happen
Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Empty
PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 am

As much as I also love the Old School LSW, this won't work at all. At least not the way you described it. If you were to start doing it yourself, I'm sure many would catch on and get inspired to sprite an old-school sprite now and again, but to sheet them as well. Well, that's like taking a break from...well I can't quite think of a great metaphor at the second. But what I mean is that, if you go from something for so long, in general, your skills will diminish. So if you're only spriting old school, of course thats what you'll get good at.

I wouldn't mind having an old-school sprite day though. Perhaps something to do with the games release date. Or the beginning of Vortex...or both. A week is too long, and then to sheet as well, that's asking too much for the majority of us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:47 am

Forcing people to sprite a style they no longer prefer, and forcing them to sheet it as well will only piss off a considerable number of members. If you wanna start an old school movement, go for it, but it'll work better than making it a requirement.
Back to top Go down
rip
rip

PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:30 am

Ravage_Gokan wrote:
As much as I also love the Old School LSW, this won't work at all. At least not the way you described it. If you were to start doing it yourself, I'm sure many would catch on and get inspired to sprite an old-school sprite now and again, but to sheet them as well. Well, that's like taking a break from...well I can't quite think of a great metaphor at the second. But what I mean is that, if you go from something for so long, in general, your skills will diminish. So if you're only spriting old school, of course thats what you'll get good at.

I wouldn't mind having an old-school sprite day though. Perhaps something to do with the games release date. Or the beginning of Vortex...or both. A week is too long, and then to sheet as well, that's asking too much for the majority of us.

Blues Light wrote:
Forcing people to sprite a style they no longer prefer, and forcing them to sheet it as well will only piss off a considerable number of members. If you wanna start an old school movement, go for it, but it'll work better than making it a requirement.
now that i think about a day is better than a week so u think thats more possible
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:45 am

I'm on board!

A week is too long though. I've got an idea and it'll begin when I wake up because I'm going to be soon lol

But it shall be epic!

An old school sheet will take 2 hours max if you're focused.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 am

Speaking of old school, Seto and I may rock all your worlds soon.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 pm

I so would go for a week. Not go to school and just sprite my life away. A old school sheet is child's play when you do much more stuff with consistent shading.

Blues Light wrote:
Um, are we suppose to be excited or aroused? 'Cause I'm a little of both right now. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
rip
rip

PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Seto Stevce wrote:
I'm on board!

A week is too long though. I've got an idea and it'll begin when I wake up because I'm going to be soon lol

But it shall be epic!

An old school sheet will take 2 hours max if you're focused.

Blues Light wrote:

Afrolicious wrote:
I so would go for a week. Not go to school and just sprite my life away. A old school sheet is child's play when you do much more stuff with consistent shading.

Blues Light wrote:
Um, are we suppose to be excited or aroused? 'Cause I'm a little of both right now. lol

i wanna know u gotta gotaa tell me ....lol jus messing but seto could i be possibly involved in this some what? if not its cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Mageta
Mageta

PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:28 am

Well, I like the idea xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active   got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active Clock10

Back to top Go down

got a little suggestion that could possibly get this place possibly more active

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1