DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

iPad Spriting Apps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

iPad Spriting Apps Empty
PostSubject: iPad Spriting Apps   iPad Spriting Apps Clock10Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:34 pm

If any of you own an iPad and do any spriting on it, what app(s) do you use for your work?
Are they lacking any features or needing considerable improvement or are they pretty decent?
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

iPad Spriting Apps Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPad Spriting Apps   iPad Spriting Apps Clock10Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Well I use Edge Touch on my iPhone. The only problems I've encountered in its use are due to my screen size. I'm sure it'd work much better on an iPad. Apart from that, its very simple and accessible, and gets the job done.

I've tried Sprite Something too, but I feel the interface is overly complex. That's just me.

I would recommend EDGE Touch if you just plan on making one shots, and if you get used to Sprite Something, its good for simple sheets since it already has support for sprite sheets and animations.
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

iPad Spriting Apps Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPad Spriting Apps   iPad Spriting Apps Clock10Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks pal, I saw Sprite Something but several reviews mentioned that it didn't support importing files and that would piss me off to no end. I'm assuming that's not credible?
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

iPad Spriting Apps Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPad Spriting Apps   iPad Spriting Apps Clock10Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Now that you mentioned it,I remembered the one big flaw with both Sprite Something and EDGE. Neither lets you import >.>

I haven't used any other pixel art/spriting apps, so I can't suggest one that does.
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

iPad Spriting Apps Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPad Spriting Apps   iPad Spriting Apps Clock10

Back to top Go down

iPad Spriting Apps

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1