DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Comic Book Central

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Avenger
The Avenger

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 6:28 am

I think we should have, (either on here or the vortex main site) a comic book central, where comics such as Double Devotion, or lssj Coles Prophecy or even the most recent Red Power Legacy should go to avoid being archived and locked away forever.

Almost like the enhanced vault on the main site

Any agreements?

~ Avenger
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 6:31 am

Sounds like a good Idea to me. Have you Pm'd Ab or Jay about it?
Back to top Go down
The Avenger
The Avenger

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 6:32 am

Well... I guess I should now... =D
Back to top Go down
Gokuatruehero
Gokuatruehero

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 7:12 am

I AGREE too!
Back to top Go down
Angryboy
Angryboy

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 7:33 am

I'll take this into the Admin discussion board. If this was to happen, would you expect it to be the case for all comics, or only the popular/voted ones?
Back to top Go down
http://sprite-den.tk/
The Avenger
The Avenger

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 7:42 am

Finished ones for a start
and if they're not finished then ones that are voted for or popular ones.

This will also give people a motivation to finish their comics as they will be there for everybody to read.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 11:43 am

I think finished/ voted. But In Z-fighters case we should make an exception, personally Im not a fan of his series, but the work and effort he put into it I admire. So even though his is not finished, it should also be up there. He updates regularly too.
Back to top Go down
Yung Blaze
Yung Blaze

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 4:31 pm

i say popular one but u should only upload there saga insted of doing each comic u add it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
Jay
Jay

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 5:42 pm

We considered a very similar idea sometime ago but had not got around to seriously considering it or implementing it yet.

We thought we could hold comic competitions and the winners could premier on the site (as well as be stored in the vault), I have to say though it might be a better idea to store 'the greats' and any other voted or highly regarded comic series inside a special vault, up and coming comics could also be hosted (or even exclusively première via the site)

I'm actually putting together the ideas for a comic at the moment so even I would benefit from this vault.

The only hard thing I can see is how the vault would be presented and organised. Any ideas? e.g. by author, title, series etc

I think it could be done via a table sort of box, which details the name, author and a summary of the comic series, this could then also contain all the links to each issue so far.

Its a very good suggestion though Avenger :king:
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk
Angryboy
Angryboy

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 5:43 pm

I'm going on a whim and assuming that you mean to only upload full sagas instead of updating every single time the author does, no YB? I need to be clarified on that.

If we were to include a series that was incomplete, I would automatically think not to do that, and instead update every 3-5 issues (depending on the activity of the comic).
Back to top Go down
http://sprite-den.tk/
Fortex
Fortex

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10Thu May 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Organise the Vault by Author I would say.

And next to the Author's name is a short list of their works.

Update it with each Saga, it'd be way to much effort to update the Vault everytime someone posts a new issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comic Book Central Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Central   Comic Book Central Clock10

Back to top Go down

Comic Book Central

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1