DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Alternate Gravedigging Solution?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yahn
Yahn

Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Empty
PostSubject: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:40 pm

This is an idea that I literally just got 15 seconds before I hit Make Topic.

How about instead of just locking topics and handing out warnings when someone gravedigs, you delete the offending post, and send a PM about their warning. While the main problem (in my opinion) with gravedigging is that it takes up space where current topics should be. Locking the topic still hogs up space, even if it can't get any more replies. I'm assuming that deleting the post would put it back to where it was before.* Warnings would still be handed out, and the rule would still be just as effective.

Thoughts?

*Edit: I tested it, and deleting the violating post WILL move it back.*

Last edited by Yahn on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TardyClock
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Deleting the post doesn't change the topic's position.
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:47 pm

I just tested it by posting in a topic making it top, then deleting the post, and it went back to it's old spot.

YOU ARE WRONG.
Back to top Go down
Majin Vegeta
Majin Vegeta

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Yahn wrote:
I just tested it by posting in a topic making it top, then deleting the post, and it went back to it's old spot.

YOU ARE WRONG.
If that is the case then I think it would be an improvement.
Back to top Go down
General Grievous
General Grievous

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:52 pm

That would be an awsome idea yahn
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Huzzah! I am awesome idea man!
Back to top Go down
Adam016
Adam016

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Yahn wrote:
Huzzah! I am awesome idea man!

YAY now think of more ideas!

I agree with the main topic idea!
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah, there wouldn't be that much space taken up by closed topics just because somebody posted in it a tad too late, or majorly late even.

I see you actually use your brain for good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:55 am

The topic does go back to it's original position if you delete the last post.

We'll wait to see what an Admin says before implementing this idea.

Which I very much like btw.
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:08 am

Seto Stevce wrote:
The topic does go back to it's original position if you delete the last post.

We'll wait to see what an Admin says before implementing this idea.

Which I very much like btw.

Glad to see the staff likes my idea.

*stealthily stuffs $20 into Seto's back packet*
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:24 am

Glad to see your keeping up with payments ^_,^

*wipes side of mouth*

^_^
Back to top Go down
Angryboy
Angryboy

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:58 am

Surprisingly good idea, Yahn. I see no reason why not to try this out at least, so I'll point all of the mods to this topic and let them know about it. The only slight flaw I see in this is that it is deleting the evidence of a gravedig when posting in the Warnings Log.
Back to top Go down
http://sprite-den.tk/
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:59 am

what if we moved the offending topics to the basket?
Back to top Go down
MrChaos
MrChaos

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:09 am

But, if you don't lock a topic when it has been gravedigged, there will only be more gravedigs in that same topic. Or do we call the topic not older then one month not posted then? Since the last post was "iligal" does it still count?
Back to top Go down
GigaDon

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:40 am

Thats probably one of the best idea's I have hear for a gravedigging solution in my life... I say we give it a trial run to see how it will work on a longer time period.
Back to top Go down
http://priornova.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Gravedigging Solution?   Alternate Gravedigging Solution? Clock10

Back to top Go down

Alternate Gravedigging Solution?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1