DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Literature Section

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yahn
Yahn

Literature Section Empty
PostSubject: Literature Section   Literature Section Clock10Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:40 am

I've noticed a few stories have been posted lately, with no proper place to go. It doesn't go in the RPG section because it's not a role playing GAME, just a story they wrote. It doesn't exactly go in the comic section, does it? Posting it in General Chat with a (somewhat) ambiguous title leads to many views, but then people see a large story and decide to leave the topic. Even worse, sometimes people will just post something along the lines of, "WOAH! Not gonna read it, that's HUGE. Good work though." without reading a single word.

With a literature section, people won't get "tricked" into clicking on a topic, and people with writing to post will have a proper place. It also will encourage more people to post their stories, as the people in the literature section will WANT to read it, as opposed to people in General Chat who wish to talk about what they had for breakfast. (Not that there's a problem with that.)

Please take it into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

Literature Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literature Section   Literature Section Clock10Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 am

Didn't we have a topic on Exco for it which was in Random Banter?
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

Literature Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literature Section   Literature Section Clock10Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:55 am

That's so impersonal, and you get less replies for your story, just like in any other "Official _______ Topic"

I suppose if we can't get the section, this would be the next best thing, though.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

Literature Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literature Section   Literature Section Clock10Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:58 am

Maybe a sub forum could be implemented somewhere on the forum for it.

Not sure where though =\
Maybe GC would be a good bet?
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

Literature Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literature Section   Literature Section Clock10Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:59 am

I think the Comic Section would be better, since that's also for telling stories, just in another format. I've seen some stories there, but I must admit it's disappointing for, "Oh! A new comic series! Oh...it's just a story."

Having the sub-section in comic section sounds great though.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

Literature Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literature Section   Literature Section Clock10Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:05 am

I guess we could add our customs history and stories as well in their own topics.
Not to mention like what they wore in certain parts of their history.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Literature Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literature Section   Literature Section Clock10

Back to top Go down

Literature Section

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1