DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Creation-isms!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yahn
Yahn

Creation-isms! Empty
PostSubject: Creation-isms!   Creation-isms! Clock10Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 am

Many of us aren't skilled in making digital graphics such as signatures, avatars, and the like. We can't draw either, so we have nothing to submit to General Graphics. Bummer! Oh boy! I just made a new video on Youtube!

But wait! Where do I post it? It wouldn't go into General Graphics. If I post it in General Chat, it would be seen as promoting my "site." While you could say that a video is a collection of graphics, what about songs? Some of us make fabulous songs, whether it be digitally or the good ol' fashioned way. Regardless, we need a section to post things that are excluded by the other sections and the rules.

While we're on the topic, I feel that RPG Housekeeping can be deleted seeing as there's no uniformed RPG, and each one follows it's own rules. Furthermore, maybe we could make Tutorials a subsection? It has 10 topics (at the time of writing), which is a pitiful amount. This could be fixed however by making it open to all tutorials, not just signatures. (Although then I believe it should be moved up to the sprite section.)

I hope I've given you some things to consider.

FAREWELL MY BROTHERS!
Back to top Go down
Angryboy
Angryboy

Creation-isms! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creation-isms!   Creation-isms! Clock10Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:52 pm

I had forgotten to re-write the tutorial's description into one that encompasses all spriting forms as well as signatures/avatars, so I'm to blame for that part. If avatars/signatures as a tutorials section is that unpopular, then I'd be fine to filter any of those into the A/S board and move it to the sprite section.

As for the 'no place for videos', Avatars and Signatures would merge with General Graphics and be something along the lines of an 'Alternate Mediums' or 'Vortex Miscellaneous' board - instead it becomes the place where anything LSW related or forum related that is in a form of media but not rightly fit for any of the current sections can go - Banners, Photoshop Edits, Videos, Songs, maybe even Contests (somewhat linking to YungBlaze's request topic). It can be tidied up with a bit of sub-foruming, but otherwise, it would be moved under Community and the Graphics Board can be scrapped.
Back to top Go down
http://sprite-den.tk/

Creation-isms!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1