DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

In the events of a zombie invasion...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What would you do in the events of a "zombie invasion?"
Explore, raiding nearby shops for supplies and taking on the zombies as you see them?
In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-l1056%In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-r10
 56% [ 15 ]
Stay in a secure, fortified location and take them out as they come to you?
In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-l1026%In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-r10
 26% [ 7 ]
Run away, fleeing to a different country in hopes of escaping the outbreak?
In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-l107%In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-r10
 7% [ 2 ]
Kill yourself.
In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-l104%In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-r10
 4% [ 1 ]
Willingly become one of them and feast on the flesh of the living?
In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-l107%In the events of a zombie invasion... Poll-r10
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Nerdy Knight
RPG Moderator
Nerdy Knight

In the events of a zombie invasion... Empty
PostSubject: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 pm

...what would you do? Call all your friends? Build fortifications? Raid the nearest gun shop? Run like a pansy?

In this topic, you can explain in as little or as much detail as you please as to how you would deal with being in such a situation.

Personally, I would first raid my small hometown of Yale, taking as much supplies with me as possible via truck, such as food, guns, and ammunition (I have experience using firearms, so nobody has to ask). Seeing as how Yale is a small town overrun with morons, the odds of them all turning into zombies are quite likely (good thing I live on a dirt road!), so I'd probably have to take a good number of them down while I'm there. Second, I'd call all my friends to let them know whats happening, and to see if they are willing to pool man power and resources with me. Then from there, I'd start fortifying my house. Luckily, I live in a 2 story log cabin with many exits, so after I boarded up all the exits, except one which I would leave open for others to enter and (probably not) exit, I'd knock down the stairs, taking a ladder with me in case I need to return to the lower floor.. Another advantage about my house is that it's around the woods, and something not a lot of people realize is that there aren't very many people in the woods to begin with, which means even fewer zombies are in the woods around my location. Carrying all food and supplies up stairs beforehand, I would then proceed to filling my bathtub with water. Eventually, I'm going to need it for various things such as cleaning, bathing, and for purely drinking. During the day, I would wait out on the roof with a radio for several hours, watching for the occasional zombie to come wandering near my vicinity, in which then I would pick it off in the distance with my father's rifle. I'd hone my body with the Boxflex we have upstairs to stay in shape (we have a treadmill, but it's quite noisy), and try and contact others with the use of my Internet services on my lappy (that is, if the company doesn't shut down communications to our service...) Then I would simply wait until the radio signaled that the catastrophe was over...

BTW, if you've never heard of Max Brook's novel, The Zombie Survival Guide, I recommend you buy yourself a copy. Not only is it filled with only the best tips for surviving up to even a Level 4 (Apocalypse) Zombie Invasion, it's also quite a good read that keeps you entertained for a while, anyway. It includes the advantages and disadvantages of places to stay during an invasion, weapons: which ones you NEED and which ones you can forget about (including both melee and ranged weapons), and even zombies in history. It's a really enjoyable read, and who knows when you might actually NEED it...
Back to top Go down
http://nerdyknight.deviantart.com
TardyClock
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:10 pm

Get in car, leave.

Simple.
Back to top Go down
Link99999107
Link99999107

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Buy lots and lots of cookies. Eat them. Then hope for the best.
Maybe play some really really really loud music to annoy the zombies...get that bass turned up. XD
I'd have to think on what'd I'd do in the event of a zombie invasion. Give me a bit.
It'd be such a thrill ride...I'd be all hyped up on adrenaline and probably get myself killed...-.-
Back to top Go down
Nerdy Knight
RPG Moderator
Nerdy Knight

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Yes, it may SEEM simple, but think about this for a second. Just about EVERYONE is going to be thinking the same thing. With that many cars on the road, it could cause traffic jams for hours on end. You could already be zombie food by then. Even if you DID manage to escape, what would happen if the zombie virus began to spread all across the globe?
Back to top Go down
General Grievous
General Grievous

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:57 pm

I would become a zombie it would be fun to eat people and all you even need to say is BRAINS!!!!
Back to top Go down
TardyClock
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 am

Nerdy Knight wrote:
Yes, it may SEEM simple, but think about this for a second. Just about EVERYONE is going to be thinking the same thing. With that many cars on the road, it could cause traffic jams for hours on end. You could already be zombie food by then. Even if you DID manage to escape, what would happen if the zombie virus began to spread all across the globe?
You assume that I live in a crowded city. Also a global zombie apocalypse is retardedly unlikely for two reasons.First: The zombies need food to survive, you deprive them of food and they die. Once they have cleared out a city (assuming they clear out a city) they will do long before they reach the next one due to their slow gait.Second: The army, what could a zombie invasion possibly do against say... a tank.
Back to top Go down
dbznut
dbznut

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 pm

You have a point, but what if these were intelligent zombies, and they went for the army first, taking them by surprise and removing that threat. Also, an invasion of that kind of magnitude would most likely have an evil mastermind behind it, who would have ways of neutralizing the army(s). Personally, I'd grab my grandpa's boat and head for water. Intelligent zombies are still just zombies, and aren't up to jumping from boat to boat. And seeing as the great lakes connect to the ocean, I'm sure there's someplace out there that would be zombie free.
Back to top Go down
Nerdy Knight
RPG Moderator
Nerdy Knight

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:41 pm

TardyClock wrote:
Nerdy Knight wrote:
You assume that I live in a crowded city. Also a global zombie apocalypse is retardedly unlikely for two reasons.First: The zombies need food to survive, you deprive them of food and they die. Once they have cleared out a city (assuming they clear out a city) they will do long before they reach the next one due to their slow gait.Second: The army, what could a zombie invasion possibly do against say... a tank.

Well technically, zombies don't really NEED food. At death, all bodily functions cease until the person is reanimated into a zombie, in which only the brain and lungs are functional. The digestive system completely shuts down, meaning that even if the zombie eats, it's not gaining any kind of nutritional value or anything from eating. It just eats because that's a primary human function. Zombies can go on for years until literally decomposing into nothing. As for the army, yes they would most likely take on the zombies with considerable force, but all there needs to be is the slightest fault, and they could be overrun...quickly. Such as a soldier being bit and returning to the base during a retreat. If they were unwary of what the bite meant, he could reanimate into a zombie and start infecting them all from the inside out. Yes, it's quite unlikely, but remember: humans are fucktarded.
Back to top Go down
Redwood
Redwood

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:42 am

Yes,if you watched Resident Evil:Extinction,you'd know that zombies don't need flesh.
@Dbznut-According to the "Zombie Survival Guide"(a good book,btw), zombies cannot swim.
What I would do is get guns,ammo,food,and wait on a deserted island like dbznut.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Sprite_Phoenix/index.php?
Fortex
Fortex

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:04 pm

I really don't see how a global zombie outbrook was possible unless the zombie virus or disease was Airborn intead of contact infection.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:16 pm

First of all. I would raid towns for supplies, and water purifiers, I would then take my dad's boat to see, and begin to purify water to drink. After I run out of food, I would start living of fish I caught in the sea. Amusing the need to return to land for some reason or another, i would have weapons so I could get more supplies or help survivors, eventually, getting more and more boats and start a floating colony, this of course would take many years.
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Sir Psycho Sexy

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:31 pm

I doubt ANY of us have the ability to stay alive for a week if it happened.
Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Lorezno

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:42 pm

I doubt ANY of us have the ability to stay alive for a DAY if it happened.
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Lorezno wrote:
I doubt ANY of us have the ability to stay alive for a DAY if it happened.

You underestimate, the people on this forum, we dont live in our mothers basements, I for one am Knowledgeable in kung fu, and how to shoot, seeing as i go hunting often.
Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Lorezno

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Be that as it may, but zombies are also sneaky, and they come in packs. And you only have so much ammo.

But I can agree with the island theory. Zombies can't swim Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
TardyClock
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:12 pm

Frostt wrote:
You underestimate, the people on this forum, we dont live in our mothers basements, I for one am Knowledgeable in kung fu, and how to shoot, seeing as i go hunting often.
Frostt wrote:
I for one am Knowledgeable in kung fu.
Frostt wrote:
kung fu.
Back to top Go down
Inverse Knight
Inverse Knight

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:49 pm

In the events of a Zombie Invasion. Play Metal. They will obey me. :3
I'll go and take the machete out of garage, get my bros, and go fucking head sweeping!
Back to top Go down
Nerdy Knight
RPG Moderator
Nerdy Knight

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:23 pm

Thinking that kung-fu is going to save you in a fight against a zombie is like thinking that shooting a harpoon gun at someone is going to save them if their drowning. Besides, zombies' nervous systems are no longer active, meaning that they cannot feel pain. The only way kung-fu would be AT ALL effective is if you had enough power to literally CRUSH their head with your fist, which is very dangerous considering how close you would have to get to do something like that.

And Emperor, I think I have a flash game here that you would like...
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 pm

I would beat up one and run away like a bitch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:32 am

Nerdy Knight wrote:
Thinking that kung-fu is going to save you in a fight against a zombie is like thinking that shooting a harpoon gun at someone is going to save them if their drowning. Besides, zombies' nervous systems are no longer active, meaning that they cannot feel pain. The only way kung-fu would be AT ALL effective is if you had enough power to literally CRUSH their head with your fist, which is very dangerous considering how close you would have to get to do something like that.

You make a good point, It was more a response to Rezzie's post. However if I did find myself weapon less and surrounded it would be helpful would it not? Honestly even if they can't feel the hits the force would be enough to knock them a few steps back.
Back to top Go down
TardyClock
TardyClock

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Frostt wrote:
Nerdy Knight wrote:

You make a good point, It was more a response to Rezzie's post. However if I did find myself weapon less and surrounded it would be helpful would it not? Honestly even if they can't feel the hits the force would be enough to knock them a few steps back.
Zombies travel in packs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eight
Eight

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Sleep over at Angryboys houses :3
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:07 pm

TardyClock wrote:
Frostt wrote:
Nerdy Knight wrote:

Zombies travel in packs Very Happy

There is no winning with you is there? -_-
Back to top Go down
IronFrozen
IronFrozen

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:57 am

1'Find Weapons "there's a police station near to my house, so that will be very usefull"
2'Find 2 of my best friends, it's better to be three instead of one.
3'Find enough food, wich means that we have to invade some super market, so we can fight zombis, and people who will try to take control of our supermarket.
4'The sea is like just a half mile from my house, and ther's a lot of boats there, so i have to find "with my 2 companions" a way to get one + a big car, so we can load the food in the boat,it's going to be very hard, because we're going to expose ourselvs to the zombis, but meeeh it will be our only chance to survive...
Back to top Go down
Nerdy Knight
RPG Moderator
Nerdy Knight

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Frostt wrote:
Nerdy Knight wrote:

IronFrozen wrote:
1'Find Weapons "there's a police station near to my house, so that will be very usefull"
2'Find 2 of my best friends, it's better to be three instead of one.
3'Find enough food, wich means that we have to invade some super market, so we can fight zombis, and people who will try to take control of our supermarket.
4'The sea is like just a half mile from my house, and ther's a lot of boats there, so i have to find "with my 2 companions" a way to get one + a big car, so we can load the food in the boat,it's going to be very hard, because we're going to expose ourselvs to the zombis, but meeeh it will be our only chance to survive...

Frostt: In my opinion, the ONLY two forms of martial arts that would be at all effective (but still don't recommend over a good ol' 12-gauge) are Judo and Jujitsu. Mostly for the fact that they involve throwing and grappling, both of which could be used to get your way out of a close encounter with a zombie. Still, I really think you're better off with something that was MEANT to blow heads off.

IronFrozen: I'm not saying you're wrong, but I noticed a few flaws in your "survival strategy." First off, a police station would not exactly be the best place to go. Seeing as how many people will be thinking the same thing, the police office would be FLOODED, only leading to mass chaos. It wouldn't be long before the unwary person comes in with a zombie bite, unaware of how severe it is, and turns, slowly turning EVERYONE into the undead. Also, taking over a supermarket is NOT a good plan. There is little to no protection inside a supermarket, and not very many things that would be effective for killing a zombie. Sure you'd have all the food you could ask for, but you really have to plan carefully if you want to fortify yourself in one of these places.
Back to top Go down
Dack
Dack

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Mon May 04, 2009 9:51 am

I would most definately get a black guy named Louis, an old man named Bill, a biker-guy named Francis, and a lady named Zoey.......

They seem to make it out alive most of time...

Then I believe I could stay alive for a while... ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Mon May 04, 2009 11:41 pm

I would be scared shitless. I would end up watching my friends and family die, and then...

I would be a Supersaiyan and save everyone!(Except for those zombies)

No, what I would do would simply depend on the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Kanned Bean
Retired Moderator
Kanned Bean

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10Tue May 05, 2009 10:22 am

Yukairon wrote:
Yes,if you watched Resident Evil:Extinction,you'd know that zombies don't need flesh.
Not saying you're wrong or anything, but the Resident Evil moves were all horrible and should not be mentioned at all.
Nor' should you base any facts on them.

Personally I would just get a shovel or anything like that and charge my way to my car.
And then just drive.
Drive the fuck away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the events of a zombie invasion...   In the events of a zombie invasion... Clock10

Back to top Go down

In the events of a zombie invasion...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ Vortex :: Community :: Random Banter-