DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

General Chat and RPG Advertising?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

General Chat and RPG Advertising? Empty
PostSubject: General Chat and RPG Advertising?   General Chat and RPG Advertising? Clock10Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:07 am

So I noticed that everyone seems to be making RPGs nowadays, and I noticed that they're posting all about it in the general chat forum. Now for myself I could care less about people advertising their sites, so log as yknow they don't make like 5 each and advertise them all. I just wanted to get this all cleared up because obviously not all these RPGs are for the vortex forum or even really Dbz related. I also had started to advertise a site of mine for my works(forgetting the rule in a fit of eagerness) and razer(I believe) pointed out that it's only tie to the forum was myself and my series. I apologized and stopped posting in the topic.

But the point isn't to complain about that(I was just using it as an example), I just wanted to get the rule cleared up and have everything fixed, possibly edit/abolish that rule and see where it goes.

Thanks for reading, that is all

~Ravvy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: General Chat and RPG Advertising?   General Chat and RPG Advertising? Clock10Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:10 am

Well, in my defense, I honestly just asked people if they would have liked to participate in one, no links were advertised.

Ryu on the other hand deserves to be flogged in the town square as an example.
Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: General Chat and RPG Advertising?   General Chat and RPG Advertising? Clock10Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:31 am

Alright Yahn, I see what you're saying about yours not having a link or anything, but I thought that still went against the rules.

Rules wrote:
Linking to a relevant site is allowed, as is using your signature to promote your personal site (adverts may be edited or removed dependant upon the site content, these edits are made at the staff member's discretion). Full topics devoted to promoting other sites are not allowed, unless they have been verified by the staff or bear direct relevance to the forum and its community.

Although you are staff so you can verify your own topic lol.

Personally though I think it should be changed to something more around the lines of this.

Ravvy's Rules :) wrote:
Linking to a site outside of our forum is, in some situations, okay. You may link to any site in your signatures(so long as the content on it is appropriate{as deemed by our staff}). Making a topic for your site should be constrained either to the General Chat, or Random Banter sections of the forum. Keep in mind that advertising multiple sites(especially within a short timeframe) will get you warned. Joining DBZVortex simply to advertise will also had your account banned and your topic removed.

The Staff here reserve the right to deem any site innappropriate, and to close and/or remove any topic to said sites from the forum. We also reserve the right to delete links from your signature for the same reasons.

Sorry, im not trying to backseat mod or anything just getting the stuff sorted out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: General Chat and RPG Advertising?   General Chat and RPG Advertising? Clock10Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:01 pm

They're right, Ryu. You are a dirty sinner and deserve to be punished. I'm raising you to a WL1.

But yeah I did kind of break the rules there. Sry. : (
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: General Chat and RPG Advertising?   General Chat and RPG Advertising? Clock10Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:20 pm

I think there's a difference in advertising a sprite forum and advertising an RPG.

We are not a huge RPG website and no matter how many times we try to bring in an RPG, it will either die or not even get off the ground.

That's why I think it's fine to do what Yahn, Ryu and whoever else is doing.

See the problem we have with advertising sprite sites, is that they tend to take our members to make a 2nd hand version of Vortex that's gonna die out eventually. It also gets annoying when they want to be affiliated with us. It serves no benefit to us, as their site can offer Vortex nothing in return.

As to your site that you were advertising, I really see no harm in what you did. I guess the difference is that RPG's need people to live. Your site will live on as long as you stick with it. It's dependant on you and not others.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke-Ish
Sasuke-Ish

PostSubject: Re: General Chat and RPG Advertising?   General Chat and RPG Advertising? Clock10Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:17 pm

If the forum is just RPG based I don't see the harm.
Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Lorezno

PostSubject: Re: General Chat and RPG Advertising?   General Chat and RPG Advertising? Clock10Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Seto Stevce wrote:

We are not a huge RPG website and no matter how many times we try to bring in an RPG, it will either die or not even get off the ground.

Mainly because most people get overintimidated with a select few people becomming batshit powerful in a short period of time. We as RPers never considered a solution to help out those who end up lagging behind or are too weak, even when the options are thoroughly presented; we're just that fucking stupid X3

I agree with the above posts.
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat and RPG Advertising?   General Chat and RPG Advertising? Clock10

Back to top Go down

General Chat and RPG Advertising?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1