DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Zenny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

Zenny Empty
PostZenny

Alright Vortexians, this is it. We've always seen great sprites and sprite battles on Vortex, but now it's time to be rewarded for your hard work.

As you may have noticed in your scouters, everybody has 0 zenny. The good news is, it's time to earn your zenny. Zenny will be awarded in a couple of ways. The main way to earn zenny will be in monthly competitions held by yours truly.

First place = 100 Zenny
Second place = 50 Zenny
Third Place = 25 Zenny

People who did not place but entered a sprite will receive 10 Zenny.

You can then either collect your Zenny as a sense of pride of being the best or you can trade in your Zenny for special rewards which are still being decided upon. One reward will definitely be a custom scouter.
So get that stinky rust off your spriting tools and get practicing because the first contest will be held in just over a week! Keep checking the Contest Section and prepare yourselves, Vortex.

Another competition which will earn you Zenny will be best LSW Sprite of the month. You will be able to submit one of your sprites which you have sprited in the said month and if it is chosen to be the best, you will be rewarded with 75 Zenny.

-Your friendly neighborhood Admin Seto Stevce
Back to top Go down

Similar topics

-
» Zenny Feature?
» Zenny and Customs
Share this post on: reddit

Zenny :: Comments

Inverse Knight
Re: Zenny
Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:23 am by Inverse Knight
I'm just gunna say that this is retarded, and leave without any trouble.
Axxon456
Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 am by Axxon456
Hey, If it gets people joining more Contests then Good job.
Afrolicious
Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:00 am by Afrolicious
But why Zenny? Vortex Points would have sufficed.
Jay
Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:48 pm by Jay
Well it can be changed, I think it was just because Zenni is a DBZ currency, although Vortex Points indeed might have been a more suited name.

Although Zenni IS a currency so.... go figure.
Bob
Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:51 pm by Bob
I think Zenny is nice because it is DBZ vortex. It is aimed at DBZ.
Seto Stevce
Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:21 am by Seto Stevce
The name isn't really that important lol
I could have called it dog poop...but no one collects dog poop or sells dog poop for anything. Well at least I hope not.
The Avenger
Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:52 am by The Avenger
. . . *drops dog poop* Sad
Freak of Nature
Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:55 pm by Freak of Nature
You spelled Zeni wrong.
Jay
Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:50 pm by Jay
Its sometimes spelt either way but I agree with FoN, I believe Zeni is the traditional DBZ spelling.

Now we just need Mr Popo to open up the shop Hee
Dr. Simetra
Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:43 pm by Dr. Simetra
I feel I would be a better shop keep than Mr. Popo

-Prepares self for raeg-
General Grievous
Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:36 pm by General Grievous
Well this might give me a reason to stop by more often than every month or two.
Freak of Nature
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm by Freak of Nature
Jay wrote:
Its sometimes spelt either way but I agree with FoN, I believe Zeni is the traditional DBZ spelling.

Now we just need Mr Popo to open up the shop Hee
Only if the person misspelled it, Zeni is a Japanese word for "Fake Money" and Toriyama uses it for all of his manga.
Jay
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:25 pm by Jay
I didn't know it meant Fake Money, cheers FON :)

DBZ must seem so shit in Japan, with all the characters and items named after generic names of household items, vegetables etc. If it was properly translated it would seem very odd indeed, stupid even.

'Hi Vegetable, take this fake money, put it towards your child support for Boxer Shorts!'

For all the shit the Funimation dub gets, at least they kept the names mostly the same. I can't help but feel this show is less of a show for the hardcore fans that prefer the Japanese version and actually natively understand it.
Luka
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:24 pm by Luka
First off - Seto how'd you get 1000 zenis?? Second, is there gonna be a submittal for December or is this gonna start in 2011?
Freak of Nature
Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:30 pm by Freak of Nature
Jay wrote:
I didn't know it meant Fake Money, cheers FON :)

DBZ must seem so shit in Japan, with all the characters and items named after generic names of household items, vegetables etc. If it was properly translated it would seem very odd indeed, stupid even.

'Hi Vegetable, take this fake money, put it towards your child support for Boxer Shorts!'

For all the shit the Funimation dub gets, at least they kept the names mostly the same. I can't help but feel this show is less of a show for the hardcore fans that prefer the Japanese version and actually natively understand it.
Its called a pun, and the Funimation dub destroyed almost every single one.
Angryboy
Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:07 pm by Angryboy
Most of the puns themselves wouldn't have been particuarly funny to English speaking territories anyways, so translating them over accurately would've lessened the impact of an already ineffective joke.
Post  by Sponsored content

Zenny

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ Vortex :: Information Boards :: Announcements & Updates-