DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

I haz banner suggestion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you like to apply the retro/modern sprites as our new banner?
Yes
I haz banner suggestion. Poll-l10100%I haz banner suggestion. Poll-r10
 100% [ 10 ]
No
I haz banner suggestion. Poll-l100%I haz banner suggestion. Poll-r10
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Luka
Luka

I haz banner suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Since everyone and their grandmother have been doing the Retro-vamps (And they all look pretty damn sexy too) and no one's been doing the same characters, I say we start picking every character that no one's done yet, and start assigning them to anyone who wants to pick it.

Then, we pool all the retro sprites together, and on one side of our banner we'll have the original LSW sprites, and on the other side we'll have all our beautiful revamps..

Just an idea, I think it would depict our forum quite nicely tho. It shows how far we've all come together.

The original LSW sprites are as follows:

Adult Gohan (Mystic/Super Saiyan) - Onis
Android 16 - Luka
Android 17
Android 18
Android 19
Android 20
Burter - SkyX
Cell
Cell Jr.
Super Buu - snoop755
Super Buu (Gotenks Absorbed)
Super Buu (Gohan Absorbed)
Frieza
Future Trunks - Edgemaster Kilk
Ginyu
Goku - SkyX
Goku (Super Saiyan 1) - Blues Light
Goku (Super Saiyan 2) - Blues Light
Goku (Super Saiyan 3) - Blues Light
Goten (Super Saiyan)
Gotenks
Gotenks (Super Saiyan 1) - snoop755
Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3)
Guldo
Jeice
Kid Buu - LanceMaster
Kid Trunks
Krillin
Majin Buu - Afrolicious
Nappa
Oozaru
Piccolo
Recoome
Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan 1)
Teen Gohan (Super Saiyan 2) - RavageGokan
Vegeta - Luka (Me)
Vegeto - SkyX

Here's ANOTHER link to all the original LSW sheets
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/game.php?game=666&view=2

Last edited by Luka on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:57 pm

I've talked to Seph about this very idea, actually xD
Well for sigs anyway, not the banner.

I'm in the process of doing Adult & Mystic Gohan >.>
So no one else take it >:[
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Onis wrote:
I've talked to Seph about this very idea, actually xD
Well for sigs anyway, not the banner.

I'm in the process of doing Adult & Mystic Gohan >.>
So no one else take it >:[

I think it'd be an awesome banner idea. I dunno when you commented on this topic, but I've updated it to show who's sprited what, so I'll put a strike thru Adult/Mystic Gohan and put your name next to it :)

And RSF asked me for Trunks's original sheet, so I'll go ahead and assume that he'll be making that.

*Updated*
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm

I support this to the nth fucking degree. Old school LSW is what brought us all together, and this revival of pure LSW is a revisiting of that old Vortex spirit. It would embody the site perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Blues Light wrote:
I support this to the nth fucking degree. Old school LSW is what brought us all together, and this revival of pure LSW is a revisiting of that old Vortex spirit. It would embody the site perfectly.

I'm glad you agree. Of course, if this happens we'll have to make all our separate sprites a little more uniform (Such as your choice to add 2 eyes to the sprites) But I'm not so sure that using 2 eyes is such a bad idea, considering it does represent the way we ALL sprite in modern day...
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Luka wrote:
Blues Light wrote:

I'm glad you agree. Of course, if this happens we'll have to make all our separate sprites a little more uniform (Such as your choice to add 2 eyes to the sprites) But I'm not so sure that using 2 eyes is such a bad idea, considering it does represent the way we ALL sprite in modern day...

Which is exactly my point in those sprites, old LSW styled eyes that are larger than the current eyes we use, but 2 eyes since the whole quarter turned body/half-turned head from original LSW made fuckall sense. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mistah_Jayden
Administrator
Mistah_Jayden

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Well I said something like this regarding retro & non-retro sprites.
I didn't pull off the sprite as well, but it's supposed to be sorta like a Classic/Modern relationship like Sonic Generations.
I'll go along with the idea but, not as a banner. Not sure if the cluster fuck of revamps is gonna look right. Same concept, but less complex as far as the banner should go. Those are my two cents though.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:17 pm

If anyone touches Cell, they are going to lose both testicles. If youre a female, you'll just get raped in an alleyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Pingboy
Pingboy

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Afrolicious wrote:
If anyone touches Cell, they are going to lose both testicles.

^ I was just about to call the shots on Cell. Lmao.

This idea has some kick in it. I'll go along!
No love for Gotenks? I'll go with him.
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Alright, I made a poll to see exactly who WOULD like to make the idea into a banner. We can see what our people think!

I call dibs on Android 17/18...... So yeah, BACK THE FUCK OFF.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Pingboy wrote:
Afrolicious wrote:

lmao the booty bandit is on Vortex? bahaha
You may know me as Fierce.Trojan.Knight Very Happy

Anywho, I support this tenfold. The sooner I un-rust the sooner I can join this.

Also, I don't see why we don't make this a community project and start busting out some sheets!
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Seto Stevce wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Afrolicious wrote:

Anywho, I support this tenfold. The sooner I un-rust the sooner I can join this.

Also, I don't see why we don't make this a community project and start busting out some sheets!

Cos that'd be too awesome for this simple domain to handle.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Luka wrote:
Seto Stevce wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Afrolicious wrote:

But we can try god damn it! Even if it kills us! Mad
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Seto Stevce wrote:
Luka wrote:
Seto Stevce wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Afrolicious wrote:

Like VSi? Awesome at first

Just kidding, if it's a public effort I think it would look fuggin' titties.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Luka wrote:
Seto Stevce wrote:
Luka wrote:
Seto Stevce wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Afrolicious wrote:

Like VSi? Awesome at first

Just kidding, if it's a public effort I think it would look fuggin' titties.

Yeah that's what I mean, no exclusive group. Just free to the public so that we can all join in and help each other out.
Back to top Go down
Mistah_Jayden
Administrator
Mistah_Jayden

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:24 am

Afrolicious wrote:
If anyone touches Cell, they are going to lose both testicles. If youre a female, you'll just get raped in an alleyway.

I challenge you to make the best Cell there is. I am NOT holding back on that Cell. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:03 am

Well I dont exactly work in your styles but I will do a Guldo... Once I get a chance if you want :3

And yes I chose Guldo because if you don't like the look I make for him then he is not that important anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pingboy
Pingboy

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Seto Stevce wrote:
Pingboy wrote:
Afrolicious wrote:

HAHA. Mah boi!!!! : D!!!

Also, I agree with this man. We should all make a team effort to make something wonderful and great. As a community. It'll be fun!
But I still have Gotenks, and I'm extremely tempted to sprite Cell. cant stop hworlmaololoroflawl
Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 pm

I am finishing Teen Gohan Base and Super 1.

Oh. And imma do Piccolo.

I support this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Sparky
Sparky

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Goten (Super Saiyan) ill do please
Back to top Go down
http://dbz-zone.forump.biz/portal.htm
012yArthur0
012yArthur0

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Luka wrote:
Since everyone and their grandmother have been doing the Retro-vamps (And they all look pretty damn sexy too) and no one's been doing the same characters, I say we start picking every character that no one's done yet, and start assigning them to anyone who wants to pick it.

Then, we pool all the retro sprites together, and on one side of our banner we'll have the original LSW sprites, and on the other side we'll have all our beautiful revamps..

Just an idea, I think it would depict our forum quite nicely tho. It shows how far we've all come together.

I did said that when seph thought about a banner. But of course, they had to ignore me.
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 pm

012yArthur0 wrote:
Luka wrote:

I did said that when seph thought about a banner. But of course, they had to ignore me.

Uuhhh. okay

It's been brought to my attention that the link I put up for the OGLSW sprites didn't work, so I updated with a better one :>

Also, I'm working on Majin Vegeta so everyone BACK THE FUCK OFF
Back to top Go down
012yArthur0
012yArthur0

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 pm

I could help, but I'm suck on shadering, and I don't want to think about customizing.

So yeah... All I can do is bring cakes (Hint: The cake is a lie!)
Back to top Go down
OmniVoran
OmniVoran

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 pm

I'll give Gotenks (Regular) and Jeice. Know what I mean, bruh?

012yArthur0 wrote:
All I can do is bring cakes (Hint: The cake is a lie!)

Awesome at first
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I haz banner suggestion.   I haz banner suggestion. Clock10

Back to top Go down

I haz banner suggestion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1