DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Question about Theft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yastas

Question about Theft Empty
PostSubject: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Do you have to give credit if you use someone else's colors? I always thought yes, and always have when i did, but i'd just like this cleared up because i didn't report it once and i thought maybe i should have?

Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:30 pm

I don't think it's like, required, but I always make sure to credit everyone for anything I use. Including colors.

So I say yes, give credit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:30 pm

It's always a good idea to give credit.

With that said, PERSONALLY I don't see the big deal with using a palette, because no one invents a new color. If you're asked to give credit for a palette, you should.
Back to top Go down
Fortex
Fortex

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:32 pm

I usually credit for everything, just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Yastas

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Well I used GoH's big faceset collection thing to make a faceset for alex,(a long time ago) then i used alex's faceset to make kiran's,(a long while ago) And then i took the purple background color from kiran's faceset to make one for masaro's custom. And i didn't think I needed to give credit to GoH at the time because i didn't take the color from one of the facesets, i took it from mine, which originally came from his. >.<
Does that mean I owe him credit?
I was never sure and it was eating me up inside that I might have been a thief. D:
I will give credit anyways next time, but I want to know if what i did was ok.

Last edited by Yastas on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:42 pm

The basic rule of thumb is to give credit for whatever you use, but up to a certain point that it's realistic. Take Kale for example. I give credit where credit is due, but I simply have no idea who I've used a color from here or an idea there, so I give credit to whatever actual sprites I used when making the sprite in question.

I'd say you're fine without giving GoH credit for a purple.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:44 pm

I don't think in that case you need to credit. When I use someone's color, I credit, but I also add that color to my pallete, so, the next time I use this color, I don't even remember whose originally it was.
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Bob wrote:
I don't think in that case you need to credit. When I use someone's color, I credit, but I also add that color to my pallete, so, the next time I use this color, I don't even remember whose originally it was.
^That.

I do that.
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Yastas

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks guys I think i got it now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 am

Blues Light wrote:
The basic rule of thumb is to give credit for whatever you use, but up to a certain point that it's realistic. Take Kale for example. I give credit where credit is due, but I simply have no idea who I've used a color from here or an idea there, so I give credit to whatever actual sprites I used when making the sprite in question.

I'd say you're fine without giving GoH credit for a purple.

I remember when you used to credit me for that purple I made for Kale ages ago xP Good times.

A good habit to get into is just choosing the palette yourself. With every new sprite I make I choose a new palette.
You'll get the hang of it and it makes your sprites stand out once you know how to mix and match your tones like blue and purple shades for example.
Back to top Go down
MrChaos
MrChaos

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:10 am

And if you're that worried about it why not change the colour some?
lol, what? I do that sometimes and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Theft   Question about Theft Clock10

Back to top Go down

Question about Theft

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1