DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Potential Game Upgrade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

RPG Setting
Traditional DBZ Universe
Potential Game Upgrade Poll-l1057%Potential Game Upgrade Poll-r10
 57% [ 8 ]
Original Setting
Potential Game Upgrade Poll-l1043%Potential Game Upgrade Poll-r10
 43% [ 6 ]
Other: Explain Below
Potential Game Upgrade Poll-l100%Potential Game Upgrade Poll-r10
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

Potential Game Upgrade Empty
PostPotential Game Upgrade

Simply put, we've really done all we can with a DBZ themed RPG in its current state. However, this could be fixed with some tweaks. We've also been looking at an original story, universe, etc., to set up as a game. Tell me what you want and why, if you'd be so kind.

Last edited by Blues Light on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Similar topics

-
» Try this game
» GAME
» DBZ LSW Game
» The I'm better than you game
» The Ban Game
Share this post on: reddit

Potential Game Upgrade :: Comments

Kane
Re: Potential Game Upgrade
Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm by Kane
Could we change to something different? Like a basic universe with weird powers, maybe try some One Piece and Naruto mixed in there or something. I want this because DBZ is getting old and it's just not fun with hax power any more and having super high power levels, I'd rather just RP a good battle without ki and super strength and stuff.
saiyanboy
Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:20 pm by saiyanboy
Blues: By Traditional Dbz Universe, Do You Mean With Goku And The Z Fighters Ect?, If So I'd Have To Say No, Sure It'd Be Fun To Be Able To RP With Them I guess, But At The Same Time There's To Many Other Things Like Cannon Characters And Other People Fighting Them Ect...

I'd Prefer The Current RP, Why? Because It's Working, Unless There's A Better Plot Involved As This One Seems To Have Died Out Almost...

Kane: What Do You Mean Different, Naruto's Full Of Weak Ninjas, The Whole Point Of Dbz Is Inhuman Ideas, If We Mixed Ninjas In, It'd Be To Weird. As Well As That What Could You Enter From One Piece Except For The Pirate Boat's Or Bounty's?
Rainboob
Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:17 pm by Rainboob
I LIKE THE CURRENT RPG....STOP THIS
Blues Light
Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:34 pm by Blues Light
When I mean DBZ RPG, I mean exactly what we have now. Honestly I'm tired of the same thing over and over and it could do with a fixing from the ground up. Keeping players interested in this and the last few RPGs has been all but impossible because we've done it all too much.
With that said, I don't plan to remove the current one. People like it and still play it.

Kane
Post Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:03 pm by Kane
Blues Light wrote:
When I mean DBZ RPG, I mean exactly what we have now. Honestly I'm tired of the same thing over and over and it could do with a fixing from the ground up. Keeping players interested in this and the last few RPGs has been all but impossible because we've done it all too much.
With that said, I don't plan to remove the current one. People like it and still play it.

That's why it dies off so quickly, because this is the exact same as all the others.
beastboybrown
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:00 am by beastboybrown
I agree with you Kane we need something original but the rules are fine though and I love how it is power to the players stile still. Though Kane I don't think we should change Dragon Ball Z theme itself.

I wish we could have some minions that we could make that would not deal with the number of characters we can play. We need more evil people if you ask me its because there is so many people playing heroes. Evil should be able to have more minions to match the show but I don't yet know how to stabilize that because then good guys will want more minions.

One thing that is also getting me kind of angry is there is almost never new people joining the RPG and when there is they stop for a while and sometimes never play again. We need some people that know how to play a real RPG. Is there a way of finding more people to join the website? I think we should place our website anywhere we can but that is me.

Again don't take this the wrong way because I love the RPG and don't wanna see it die, I just think these should be changed the best way possible. If there is not a way of fixing these let me know. I will try to help any way I can.

Blues Light
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:53 pm by Blues Light
The problem with minions and things like that in general is that this is a DBZ RPG. In order for it to work properly, every player assumes the role of Son Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, etc., in so far as their characters are the main heroes (even if their personal alignment is less than heroic). The Sagas correspond to, say, the adventure on Namek. The Staff are responsible for throwing the Zarbon, Ginyu Force, and Freeza at you and your job is to take on the role of the heroic opposition to the big bads in the story.

What you're suggesting is that certain playable characters take on the role of Freeza in this instance, and that's definitely possible. However in order to keep everything fair, you're looking at two possible options: your powerful character attacks and terrorizes weaker player characters until a strong player character comes along and punches you until you stop...or your character becomes powerful enough to take on many strong players in the way that Freeza took on the group of main heroes in DBZ. There are inherent problems with both of these scenarios as you can well see.

To remedy this, it is possible for you to create your own Sagas in which you create (with staff approval to make sure your Saga is balanced) villains for playable heroes to battle against.

Make sense?
saiyanboy
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:25 pm by saiyanboy
I think the whole problem is The forum. We rely on the mods for everything, we need minions, okay make NPC's, we need to do this ourselves, and the older members who don't RP should be encouraged to RP, as well as that so should the new members. As for a new story line, that couldn't help, but DBZ is the same, everyone likes DBZ other wise they wouldn't be here, as for Ninja's and One piece aspects, we do include those, maybe not in such a way you want them but then make a saga about it? Or something, Don't make a RP that's not based Around DBZ That would just be foolish
Blues Light
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:38 pm by Blues Light
It honestly wouldn't be foolish. I get alot of requests for something different. We've had a DBZ RPG in one form or another almost consistently since 2006, that's over five years now. Some of the older members (myself included), are purely bored with that setting.
saiyanboy
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:41 pm by saiyanboy
Okay, when I said foolish I used the wrong word, a new world and setting would be cool don't get me wrong, but what? I mean one piece and Naruto Arn't really that Exciting, In my opinion its kinda easier to fit everyone into the DBZ world.
Kane
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:46 pm by Kane
saiyanboy wrote:
Okay, when I said foolish I used the wrong word, a new world and setting would be cool don't get me wrong, but what? I mean one piece and Naruto Arn't really that Exciting, In my opinion its kinda easier to fit everyone into the DBZ world.

Nobody ever meant full One Piece and Naruto. As I told you in the chatbox, a simple world would be fine. I actually liked it when we tried retro DBZ when we rped in the past more, we could try that again as a like filler type world or something.
saiyanboy
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:55 pm by saiyanboy
What Difference Did it make in the past? It didn't make any, it doesn't affect what we RP like now at all. And What you said fair enough, but you did mention Naruto and One piece, the world you mentioned seemed boring, as if it were some Cage fighting or something, it would just be a lot less fun in my opinion Kane.
Blues Light
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:15 pm by Blues Light
No one is going to be pleased completely with any RPG we come up with. Looking at it with the mentality of "I don't like this one idea so screw you and your suggestions" is a sure way for me to close the whole damn thing.

It's a community project so it's give and take, including the complete setting.
saiyanboy
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:20 pm by saiyanboy
I'm all for the idea of something new, just me, Kane and Tails have already discussed that and the both of us, plus other members on the form didn't like it as well, but regardless. I'm up for something new, I just want it to be different if we start again.
Kane
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm by Kane
saiyanboy wrote:
I'm all for the idea of something new, just me, Kane and Tails have already discussed that and the both of us, plus other members on the form didn't like it as well, but regardless. I'm up for something new, I just want it to be different if we start again.

I don't mean be rude but if you think something a bit less energy blasted and haxed is boring you must have no imagination.
saiyanboy
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:25 pm by saiyanboy
It's not the less energy and stuff, It just doesn't seem AS interesting, course I could but then its just like real life, I dont want to RP like its real life, anyway without spamming the topic mind coming on the chat box?
Blues Light
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:53 pm by Blues Light
It wouldn't be real life, that's out right off the bat.

The problem with incredibly physically strong characters who can ALSO fire off intense blasts of power is that it makes things extremely hard to balance.

I'm toying with a more general anime/kung-fu based RPG in which your character could be a powerful brawler, a skillful weapons expert, a wise sage, a mystical ki-user, etc., but you can't be everything all at the same time. Each character would have marked strengths and weaknesses instead of the DBZ model where you're either made of cake or you're a nuclear missile.
beastboybrown
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:14 pm by beastboybrown
I like DBZ RPG and think some little things should be changed not the whole game because anyone like me who joined only for the DBZ RPG would just get bored with Naruto or One piece RPG.

I like the idea of having a pirate or a ninja idea but some people have worked on there character so hard that they don't wanna give it up. Myself I love the DBZ theme and also love Power to the players. Let alone we would get bored from the pirate/ninja theme just as we did with the DBZ.

Saiyan boy is correct on some things while Kane is correct in others. It has been fun playing the DBZ RPG so I would hate to see it go. I mean if Kane wants more ninjas and pirates maybe we can make/give Kane/other members some cooler weapons to the RPG or other ninja like moves.

SB is also correct about this: I'm all for the idea of something new, just me, Kane and Tails have already discussed that and the both of us, plus other members on the form didn't like it as well, but regardless. I'm up for something new, I just want it to be different if we start again.: because we did talk about it on chat box and a lot of people did not like the idea because they were fans of DBZ RPG not of Naruto, One piece, and or Bleach RPG.

Last thing I have to say is the DBZ RPG is awesome and I love coming home every day to play it. It keeps me thinking of ways I can be evil and I love messing with heroes. Heroes also love messing with Quemon, so it is even. :3
Mageta
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:56 am by Mageta
Okay, now Mageta's view on this.

We are a DBZ forum, it needs to be a Dragonball Z style. I like the DBZ setting, say we play as our custom characters and them ods decide that some are the Z-Fights, some are the extras and some are the villians. The more important characters go to the better and more active Rpers. So when you do the Saiyan Saga setting, the Raditz would be say, my Mageta for example. But, we slowly twist and turn the story. So say I died, I rebrith as a good guy or something or spend time in hell till the others come. I'm not sure, it would take a bit of work to sort out.

But i think it would be worth the time and effort. This is just a small idea, but this would be the ideal rp IMO. But others may say different.

Gah! I hate text walls xD
beastboybrown
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:16 am by beastboybrown
Mageta it would go well if done right but if done wrong only thing its going to do is piss people off. Lets say Quemon dies again right, well Quemon waits in hell for 3 days no body else died then I would be like WTF!!!. We go check why no body died and see that the forms are all waiting on one guy to post which makes it inactive or just kinda slow. A week goes by yet nobody died because there are mostly heroes and almost no villains. Plus most people that were/gonna be on the RPG leave (First one that comes to mind is Bucket)

but if done right we would get rid of any non-playing people. I think there still should be a amount of days we get before coming out of hell, but just extend the days if you wish which will make everyone happy.
Omega Jet
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:31 am by Omega Jet
Blues Light wrote:
It wouldn't be real life, that's out right off the bat.

The problem with incredibly physically strong characters who can ALSO fire off intense blasts of power is that it makes things extremely hard to balance.

I'm toying with a more general anime/kung-fu based RPG in which your character could be a powerful brawler, a skillful weapons expert, a wise sage, a mystical ki-user, etc., but you can't be everything all at the same time. Each character would have marked strengths and weaknesses instead of the DBZ model where you're either made of cake or you're a nuclear missile.
I strongly love this idea of yours and I will definitely join if you guys really do something like that.
Dbz always seems over the top to me so anything else is fine.
Mageta
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:34 am by Mageta
beastboybrown wrote:
Mageta it would go well if done right but if done wrong only thing its going to do is piss people off. Lets say Quemon dies again right, well Quemon waits in hell for 3 days no body else died then I would be like WTF!!!. We go check why no body died and see that the forms are all waiting on one guy to post which makes it inactive or just kinda slow. A week goes by yet nobody died because there are mostly heroes and almost no villains. Plus most people that were/gonna be on the RPG leave (First one that comes to mind is Bucket)

but if done right we would get rid of any non-playing people. I think there still should be a amount of days we get before coming out of hell, but just extend the days if you wish which will make everyone happy.

Yeah, I like that idea.
I might even try to sort the rp and fix it up.
and PM Blues to see if he likes it.
beastboybrown
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:39 am by beastboybrown
I suck at typing sh-t so maybe you should Mageta or he will probably see it here and place it in if he likes it.
Mageta
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:43 am by Mageta
Nah, this isn't it. It will based around it. But it won't be a while anyway.
But i'll PM when it's done.
beastboybrown
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:46 am by beastboybrown
Okay PM me when you are set. I hope I helped any way I could.
Blues Light
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 am by Blues Light
If the RPG resets, it'll have certain elements of DBZ, such as the Dragonballs, the Pendulum and Time Chambers, and a few odds and ends, but it won't be DBZ themed.
beastboybrown
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:40 pm by beastboybrown
If it does happen then what happens to all the old characters from the RPG now that have been work on? I have been working on Quemon for so long now that I dont wanna see him go. Let alone I bet a few other members dont wanna start back at 0 again after all the work and typing we did. I mean what happens to the old characters?

PS if you do, make sure to place somthing on thiefs Hee I love being a thief character.

What would be the series then? I beg you to not do Bleach. Myself I would like One Piece or DBZ still but that is me.

I am at school so my writing might not be the best.
Blues Light
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 pm by Blues Light
I've said every time that it wouldn't be based on any one series. It's a completely new concept that I'm working on.

It's not a DBZ game.
It's not a Bleach game.
It's not a One Piece game.
It's not from any anime.
Please comprehend this >.<

As for thief/rogue type characters, they will of course be included.

As for existing characters, the two RPGs will exist side-by-side. Your current RPG characters, however, would not work in the new one as it's so completely different that transposing them would be harder than making a new character. The gameplay and manner in which your character grows in the new one has nothing to do with the current RPG, therefore they're unrelated. If you play Final Fantasy 7, you don't get to carry your characters over to Fable, just because you worked on them really hard, right?
beastboybrown
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:58 pm by beastboybrown
I undestand this now.

Thank you for making the thief character Hee

Nope never played Final Fantasy
I will probably make someone just like Quemon in that one then.

I did not know it was gonna be side by side. I thought you were getting ride of the old DBZ one for a new differnt RPG.If it is not getting ride of the old RPG then I love the idea Very Happy .

If you can tell me anything I could help with that would be nice. I love helping with the site.
Ravage_Gokan
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:23 pm by Ravage_Gokan
1) Take out powerwhoring.
2) Require good Role-Playing
3) Enjoy the fun.

As far as what goes on, I say just let people make their characters. They want Naruto, okay; Bleach, okay; DBZ, okay etc...

That's all I feel like typing.
Jackoq
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 am by Jackoq
I personally think that the rpg is good now and i dont take the poin t of be a Ninja etcc etcc if a player wan'ts to be a ninja he can build his character basing in a story that He is some kind o ninja, samurai, knight ecc ecc coming in this time from the past, why not? and for the pirate any character can be one (think about capitan harlock who was pirating in the space with his ship) and the thing of balanced fighters is already fixed i think with the player's stats, if you want to envolve the story do that why not? add a new planet or a new party of sayans' challenging, demons, nameks enemies or a new race! that's all i see that the base of the rpg works fine!
beastboybrown
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 am by beastboybrown
I think Skill Points should be place up myself but again that is just me. I dislike the all being even deal myself because I can already see future conflict on it but again I am gonna be offline so doesn't matter to me :|
Post  by Sponsored content

Potential Game Upgrade

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ Vortex :: Information Boards :: Announcements & Updates-