DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Path of the Great White

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorezno
Lorezno

Path of the Great White Empty
PostSubject: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Due to the injustices the Plutonians faced by the Saiyans, they do not take kindly to their presence. Any with Saiyan blood wishing to follow the Path of the Great White will not be able to do so. Plutonians following the Path can skip the dice roll in "Extreme Conditions".
Androids and Bio-Androids are also unable to follow this path, for they are of artificial soul

Extreme Conditions - 200 words - 250 PL
You have managed your way to Pluto, and are welcomed by its people. Like with all otherworldly visitors, the Plutonians have blessed you with their magic, making the planet relatively hospitable for you. Having heard tales of the ancient "Great Whites" in the old Plutonian Royal Legion, you wish to seek out their power. It is unknown if any Great Whites are still alive to this day, but rumors have been told of a Great White living in the most extreme regions of Pluto. The participant rolls a dice, and if successful they proceed forward. If unsuccessful, they can proceed, but they will not be able to get the Reward.

Intense Focus - 400 words - 500 PL [Requires Extreme Conditions]
Finally, the Great White has been found in the most desolate and unexpected of places. Up close, you can feel their immense power. However, they don't react whatsoever to your presence- the Great White simply sits there in a state of mediation. There are two options available to you, either try to break their focus abruptly and confront them, or join them peacefully in their meditation to face them psychically. You must then convince them to share their knowledge with you.

Ancient Power - 600 words - 750 PL [Requires Intense Focus]
The Great White has decided to train you. This training varies from person to person, and the Great White that you train under. Full freedom is given in this section.

The Ritual - 800 words - 1000 PL [Requires Ancient Power]
Your training is complete, but what you have learned will not fully soak in unless you become a Plutonian yourself- or the closest thing to it. The Great White has agreed to perform a sacred ritual that will change your very essence. This ritual comes with a sacrifice, however. You must go out and find a Plutonian willing to give up part of their own soul to give to you for the Ritual.

Reward After successfully completing the Path, "Ritual" will be added as a prefix under the Race section of non-Plutonian characters [IE - Ritual Android or Ritual Namekian]. They may also choose one of the following Racial Abilities to be given to your character. In exchange, they have to give up one racial ability they already have. Power does not come without price, you know.

[Special Ability - Adept] White Tips are notorious for possessing large ki reserves, and are very efficient when it comes to ki consumption. As such, they are capable of performing twice the number of Ultimate moves in a single thread, up to 4.

[Special Ability- Pure Force] Makos are known for the sheer destructive force behind their ki techniques. Any and all ki-based moves and capabilities performed by a Mako deal double damage.

[Special Ability - Resilience] Hammerheads have an incredibly resilient physical make-up. They are capable of withstanding immense amounts of damage in battle before falling. They can take a direct hit from an Ultimate move and remain relatively unfazed. "Feats of resilience" such as this can be performed twice within a thread, and fall under Staff discretion.
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
Lorezno
Lorezno

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 pm

You have managed your way to Pluto, and are welcomed by its people. Like with all otherworldly visitors, the Plutonians have blessed you with their magic, making the planet relatively hospitable for you. Having heard tales of the ancient "Great Whites" in the old Plutonian Royal Legion, you wish to seek out their power. It is unknown if any Great Whites are still alive to this day, but rumors have been told of a Great White living in the most extreme regions of Pluto. The participant rolls a dice, and if successful they proceed forward. If unsuccessful, they can proceed, but they will not be able to get the Reward.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Alex strolled across the frozen landscape of Pluto, his armor icing over from the breeze alone. He himself was immune to the cold that was here, even going so far as to believe that the temperatures here were perfect as compared to that of Iran or Portugal. If he wanted to, he could have the military station him here to help as not only an outside representative for Pluto but also as a personal soldier for the Plutonian Army. However, he would have to go through weeks of court processing and a forest’s worth of paperwork before they would even consider the option. As much as it kicks ass to be a super soldier, it also has its disadvantages as well…like clearance.

As he trekked through the frigid gales and the fluttering blizzards that always consume the planet, he came across a nearby Cliffside that went up for hundreds of meters. As he examined it, he felt a strange presence from it. He couldn’t’ tell the difference between a powerful foe and a weaker opponent, but even he could feel a sense of foreboding coming from here. But if what Noelani said was true, then this must be the most recent Great White of the Plutonians. As he examined the crystallized Cliffside, he noticed a large and perfect hole that lead inside of the cliff. It looked as if it went for miles, and the fact that it was impossible to see through the cliff made it certain that it was a shelter for something or someone. Alex pulled out his survival kukri and began to scale up the side of the cliff.

He knew he was getting closer to his search for power as the sense of dread hung higher into the air as he neared the large cave.

OOC:
300 words
200 words = 250 PL + 100 PL = 350 PL Gain

Accepted

Last edited by Lorezno on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RPG Machine
RPG Machine

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 pm

The member 'Lorezno' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Successful?' :
Path of the Great White Yes
Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Lorezno

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Intense Focus - 400 words - 500 PL [Requires Extreme Conditions]
Finally, the Great White has been found in the most desolate and unexpected of places. Up close, you can feel their immense power. However, they don't react whatsoever to your presence- the Great White simply sits there in a state of mediation. There are two options available to you, either try to break their focus abruptly and confront them, or join them peacefully in their meditation to face them psychically. You must then convince them to share their knowledge with you.

Alex reached the entrance of the cave, stabbing his kukri into the icy crevasse of the crystal surface of the cave side. With one burst of strength, the Arctic Gunman heaved himself over the edge, and scurried into the cave to avoid the snowstorm outside. The inside of the cave was far colder than it could ever be on the outside, the mere heat coming off his body was producing a fog around him, making him seem like an apparition. Alex predicted that the temperatures inside this cave were around negative 80 degrees celcius. Even though his body doesn’t react to the cold like most humans do, he could feel himself freezing over and dying - slowly, but still dying. He had to make his business here in this cave short otherwise he would end up going into forced cryonic sleep and flat-out die.

As he delved further into the cave, he could feel the sense of dread becoming as intoxicating as the feeling of his blood starting to freeze over. As he walked, he came across the source of the foreboding dread - a Plutonian with large muscles and was built like a brick shithouse. He was sitting in the middle of the massive circular cave opening, meditating silently with the waft of the sub-zero temperatures. Just being around this being made Alex feel like keeling over. This was pure confirmation that this Plutonian was the Great White he was looking for. But before he could get a word out of his mouth to try and interrupt him, he finally succumbed to his blood freezing over, collapsing on his knees and starting to breathe heavy. This attracted the attention of the Great White, and he spoke in a calm monotone.

“Remarkable…any normal human would’ve frozen long ago, before they could even try to make their way to this cave. Is it perhaps your Konatsian blood or is it perhaps your powers over ice?”
“How do you-never mind,” Alex was about to ask when he decided to just go with it all, “If you know what I am and what I’m capable of, I’m going on a limb to assume that you know why I’m here…right?”
“You assumed correctly,” the Great White spoke once more, “You seek to augment your ice powers to help you in the Special Ops. Normally I would deny someone like you in a heartbeat. But, you ended up meeting someone very important on this planet, someone that we trust overall. Henceforth, I will guide you in your quest.”
Figuring it was Noelani, who was an apprentice of the previous Great White, Alex gave a light chuckly, “That’s great and all, and I’m more than happy to get started on it now. But could you mind unfreezing my blood? I kind of enjoy being able to move…and live.”
“Of course,” in that moment, Alex felt his body become warmer, returning him back to normal.
“Thank you,” Alex gave a light bow, “All right, lets get started.”

OOC:
500 words
400 words = 500 PL + 100 PL = 600 PL Gain

Accepted
Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Lorezno

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Ancient Power - 600 words - 750 PL [Requires Intense Focus]
The Great White has decided to train you. This training varies from person to person, and the Great White that you train under. Full freedom is given in this section.

Alex was swimming underwater through the frozen ocean of Pluto, going deeper into the icy waters. The Great White had sent him to do some training in the Path of the Great White. He told Alex that if he was to gain the power of the Plutonian then he would have to move like they did underwater. Meaning that not only was Alex without his gun, he was also without his clothes. Let it sink in for a moment - Alex naked swimming through sub-zero waters. It was fortunate that the water was 60 degrees warmer than the surface of the planet. As Alex swam through the water, he began to think to himself:

"...'Alo. I am Alex Cousteau. I have left ze Calypso at," Alex paused in his thought and looked at the military-assigned Rolex on his left wrist, "Oh five hundred hours, and have descended to a depth of sixty fathoms. And yet, my Rolex is keeping perfect time. Oh look, there goes a giant squid."

As he swam, he saw as a giant mutant alien squid of sorts float right along past his left. The damn monster had to be the size of the Chrysler building, maybe more. Speaking of which, its head was shaped just like the Chrysler building, too. It must’ve been one of those supernatural occurrences where some sort of voodoo was cast to make the giant squid even more mutated than what it already was. Alex shook his head - he had more important things to look for; like for instance - air. He was starting to run out and he needed to reach the surface before he would drown under the ice. Last he checked, he wasn’t the Yamata no Orochi nor did he have his TCJ with him. So he couldn’t just use brute strength or firepower to break through the ice. This meant that he would have to come out through some other way.

However, there lied a problem - the ice hole he went through was several hundred yards away. And he only had a minute or so of air left. Cursing in his mind, he shot like a bullet through the water, swimming like a shark out of hell. Speaking of sharks, he could’ve sworn at the corner of his peripheral vision he just saw a Ice Scorpion. At that moment he began to have flashbacks of his events in Egypt that lead to his fear of those dick-stinger abominations. The fear that was pumping through his veins somehow made him faster and use less oxygen.

As he came closer to the ice hole, he shot himself upwards with one final push. He passed through the water’s surface and let out a gasp of air, scrambling to grab a somewhat solid surface. As he gripped onto the edge of the ice, he saw as the great White standing over Alex, grinning widely at the results of the training. It seemed that this powerful Plutonian was impressed.

“Not bad for a landlubber,” The Great White chuckled.
“Thanks,” Alex chuckled weakly, “You know, considering the hours I spent here in negative temperatures, the water was hot as hell in this water at first. I think it just needs a minute for the body to adapt before you
“Now, continue to train your reserves underwater for a while longer. After an hour or so, we’ll be heading out somewhere important,” the powerful Plutonian nodded and walked off back into the storm.
“Awesome…And now I return to ze deep,” Alex added calmly as he became submerged underwater once more like a submarine.

OOC:
600 words
600 [750] = 750 PL Gain

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Lorezno

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:41 pm

The Ritual - 800 words - 1000 PL [Requires Ancient Power]
Your training is complete, but what you have learned will not fully soak in unless you become a Plutonian yourself- or the closest thing to it. The Great White has agreed to perform a sacred ritual that will change your very essence. This ritual comes with a sacrifice, however. You must go out and find a Plutonian willing to give up part of their own soul to give to you for the Ritual.

"You have done well in your tests, Mr. Calibur," the Great White nodded, clearly satisfied, "You have trekked across the stars and through my homeworld just to seek an audience with me. You have proven yourself a capable warrior amongst the people of ourplanet. And you have learned to move like we do in the water. I believe you are read to gain our power and learn our secrets."
"Thank you, Great White. And please, you can call me Alex."
"Very well then, Alex," chuckled the Great White, "Now, this next test will be a tad...strange, even for us. For you to gain our power, you have to undergo a ritual that grants you this power. The main part of this ritual is to tear a piece of your soul and replace it with that of a Plutonian. That is how you are to gain our power. It is no easy thing I ask of you, I understand that. But the people of this planet have the capability to give you their piece if they deem your worthy enough.”
Alex was confused at first, but he realized that he already had it, "You know, I think I have what we need."
Now it was the Great White's turn to be confused. "Come again?"

Alex reached into his pocket, and pulled out a crystal orb that glowed with an icy blue flame. It brimmed with passion, grace, and it seemed to breathe with life. The Great White seemed a bit mystified at this discovery. It would take a mortal months, if not years to earn a piece of a Plutonian’s soul. But this was starting to be beyond even the Great White.

“Explain to me how you have come across this,” snapped the Great White, unamused.
“Before I came to see you, I ran into the apprentice of the last Great White. Her name was Noelani Kaiaka,” Alex cleared his throat and continued to explain, “She sympathized with my mission and gave me a piece of her soul as a parting gift. At the time I didn’t understand what it meant, I thought it was some kind of…act of passion or something,” The Great White laughed at this for a moment, “But now that you explained the ritual, I understand now why she gave me this piece of her soul - it was for this. She knew.”
“Considering she was the apprentice of my predecessor, I would be surprised if she did not. I believe you. Anyways, you might want to have a seat for this.”

Alex laid himself down on the snowy surface, feeling quite a bit of hesitation running through his mind. He didn’t know if this was going to be painful or not, he didn’t know how it was going to work. All he knew was what was to happen in a nutshell. He knew he was going to live through this, but what exactly will happen to him? Alex took off his belt, folded it in half and bit down on it as hard as he could - if it hurt then he has something to retaliate against.

“That was wise of you to bite down on your belt. This will not be a pleasant experience, I assure you,” the Great White nodded, “All right, I’m going to explain this to you. I plan on reaching inside of your soul, and tearing out a piece of it. I will then take the piece of Noelani’s soul and put it in its place. And then I will use the piece of your soul I have taken out to seal it all together. Am I making sense to you?”
“Ah bhit,” Alex mumbled through filled mouth, but he nodded as well to the Great White’s understanding.
“Good. Now let us get started. Oh, and I recommend holding still - it will hurt less that way.”

The Great White’s hand began to glow with a green aura and then plunged it into Alex’s chest. The Arctic Gunman screamed in agony, biting down on the belt so hard that his gums were starting to bleed.
The hole left began to glow with a gold light - his soul radiating from its spot. The Great White reached inside and took out what looked like a small orb of gold light - a piece of his soul in the palm of his hand. The Plutonian reached towards the crystal containing Noelani’s soul piece and placed it above the hole in Alex’s chest. The icy blue light from it went into the gold light, leaving the crystal as nothing more than a piece of valuable rock.

The Great White then took the piece of Alex’s soul, and crushed it in his hands. However, instead of dispersing, his hand now began to glow with that gold light. He reached inside of the hole in Alex’s body and the light emitting from his soul began to glow brighter. In the Great White’s perspective, it was like holding a star in the palm of his hand. After a minute or so, the Great White’s hand exited out of the hole, and he held it over Alex’s chest. Chanting some words, the hole closed itself up, completely healing Alex of his injury. Seconds later, Alex felt the pain leave him and he got to his knees, clutching his chest wearily. The Great White then spoke with a smile on his face.

“Congratulations, Alex Calibur, you are now one of us.”

OOC: 900 words
800 [1000] + 100 = 1100 PL Gain

Racial Ability Traded!
[Special Ability- Pure Force] Makos are known for the sheer destructive force behind their ki techniques. Any and all ki-based moves and capabilities performed by a Mako deal double damage.

Accepted!
Back to top Go down
L. Cole
L. Cole

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:12 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a silent night, the only sound was the harsh winds. Aaron trekked trough the snow and he wasn't so used to the temperature, it was almost bizarre how he managed to withstand the extreme cold. His trench-coat fluttered in the wind, and he winced as the cold wind hit his face. When he had first arrived to Pluto, he was instantly welcomed by it's people automatically getting shelter and protective gear from the natives of the land. In his lower left pocket was a tiny capsule containing all of the materials necessary for his trip; food, weapons, and water. But he wasn't here for hospitality, he was here to find the Great White, a power rumored to be hidden in the foulest depths of Pluto.

Aaron slowly moved trough the hectic whether and environment, keeping his head down and hands tucked into his pockets. The natives on Pluto talked frequently about the rumored Great White, and it peaked Aaron's attention, he immediately set out for adventure not knowing that the Great Whites were actually rare Plutonians and members of the disbanded Royal Legion, he sure was angry that he rushed to find it. He came to an immediate stop, feeling an unusual feeling take him over, his stomach was in butterflies and a bead of sweat rolled down the side of his forehead. Almost immediately after, the ground began to shake violently, making Aaron faceplant into the ground. As he stood up, he noticed an extremely large ice pillar in front of him, it had windows and a door.

Word Count: 261

Last edited by Tunechi on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com
RPG Machine
RPG Machine

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:12 pm

The member 'Tunechi' has done the following action : Dices rolls

'Successful?' :
Path of the Great White Yes
Back to top Go down
Lorezno
Lorezno

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Accepted

200 [250] + 51 = 301 PL Gain
Back to top Go down
L. Cole
L. Cole

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:58 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For him, it was a nostalgic day, being on Pluto's rough land and cold land reminded him of the great 'Bio-Android Rising' here, it was certainly a memorable moment, and preferably one of Leo's most favorite. If he remembered correctly, the "Great Whites" hid somewhere in the most retarded places, or even in plain sight. Each story differs with each person. Leo trekked trough the frigid wastelands, drifting back into his memories, and what his first reaction to Pluto was, it made him laugh as he was so crude back then. As he ventured deeper and deeper into the wastelands, it became tremendously cold, the rare Polaroo's began to appear as he went even deeper. It was truly a strange sight for one to see this, and it was odd that he hadn't been frozen to death yet, maybe fate was working with him again, but who knows? 'This is starting to seem like an extremely bad idea, I've been traveling for hours and I still haven't found anything yet, I would've -' then his face felt the impact of an incredible force, and he catapulted backwards, landing back perfectly on his feet.

Instantaneously, a large *pop* sound could be heard, and it scared away most of the Polaroo's. Almost a split second later, a large gate appeared.

'You've made it this far traveler, what do you have to say for it?'
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com
RPG Machine
RPG Machine

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:58 pm

The member 'Leonardo' has done the following action : Dices rolls

'Successful?' :
Path of the Great White No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Path of the Great White   Path of the Great White Clock10

Back to top Go down

Path of the Great White

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1