DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Site And Forum Combining ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nexus
Nexus

Site And Forum Combining ? Empty
PostSubject: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 4:08 am

I keep seeing part's of the site at the bottom of the forum page and in any topics i go in, if this supposed to happen. ?
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 4:09 am

Same here.It just happened just now.
Back to top Go down
Angryboy
Angryboy

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 4:34 am

I'm experimenting with getting a widgets bar on the side of the forum (similar to the Portal column). If this goes correctly, members should be able to have their own control panel wherein they can access their preferences and settings directly from the widget (which will be displayed on all pages of the board), and there will be a quick log-in box as well.
Back to top Go down
http://sprite-den.tk/
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 4:35 am

Th at would be really useful.Hope it works out
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Nexus

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 4:36 am

Thanks for answering my question AB.
Back to top Go down
Tsuna
Tsuna

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 9:15 am

It's cool and all but when i enter for example General chat it looks really cramped and compressed.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:06 am

@Tsuna, I would assume Ab is working on that at the moment, it should be fix'd momentarily.
Back to top Go down
Angryboy
Angryboy

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:19 am

What is your screen resolution? That may be a contribution to the problem - the lower the resolution, the more squashed the forum looks (even in general w/o the extra widgets). If this is too big of a problem then I'll just have to get rid of the widgets.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:32 am

I dont mean to be ripping on Tsuna here, but getting rid of this for one member seems kind dumb.
Back to top Go down
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:35 am

Uhm, I think that side bar should go on the left side of the screen, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fortex
Fortex

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 11:06 am

I agree with Junior, I would prefer the bar on the left side
Back to top Go down
Gokuatruehero
Gokuatruehero

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 11:16 am

me too!
Back to top Go down
Tsuna
Tsuna

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 11:46 am

Naw it's not THAT much of a problem actually. Keep i'm okay with that
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Nexus

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 12:02 pm

...why are you all spamming my topic, which should have been closed honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke-Ish
Sasuke-Ish

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 12:21 pm

To be honest I really don't like it much, it makes the forum smaller. Just seems like it was all bunched in there.

All the info it gives is nice but it's to wide maybe you could make it thinner and put it on the left of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 12:53 pm

I don't like it at all, it's really useless seeing as all this info can be seen in the Portal. It seems like ever since we've moved here you've been trying to cram everything you can into Vortex. I'm not complaining for trying to add some nice stuff, but it would be nice if you would warn us at all first.

Every day it seems there's a new function which (often) doesn't work right or just flat out sucks.

I hate the widgets.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Darth Nexus wrote:
...why are you all spamming my topic, which should have been closed honestly.

I left it open so people could voice there opinions, on the subject matter.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:30 pm

Keep the Control Panel and Quick Nav.

Get rid of everything else. I don't think anyone would actually use the other stuff.

Then make the CP and QN thinner so it doesn't fill up the board.
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:31 pm

...Quick nav is at the top of the screen, hurr.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:33 pm

Yahn wrote:
...Quick nav is at the top of the screen, hurr.

Lol that is true.

I completely overlooked that.

I'm not a big fan of this new widget gadget.
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 24, 2009 10:39 pm

The CP is also completely useless unless you have a god awful internet connection that you can't spare an extra page or two loading, but in that case, why are you on a forum?
Back to top Go down
Angryboy
Angryboy

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Mon May 25, 2009 5:51 am

I've removed the entire thing now. Unless there is a function that you guys desire to be in a column for the whole board then I'll just keep it inactive as requested. Also, 180px is the lowest width that a widget can be, which it was automatically set to.

Are there any ideas for what'd be helpful?
Back to top Go down
Nerdy Knight
RPG Moderator
Nerdy Knight

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 31, 2009 1:33 am

How about adding a minimize function on the side that can slide it open and back when needed, kind of like the sidebar on Windows Vista?
Back to top Go down
http://nerdyknight.deviantart.com
Angryboy
Angryboy

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 31, 2009 2:22 am

One good idea, but one of the few that can't actually be done =(
Back to top Go down
Nerdy Knight
RPG Moderator
Nerdy Knight

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 31, 2009 10:43 am

Maybe a pop up box that automatically springs up when you log in, and it can be minimized and maximized just like a window? Just trying to throw ideas out there...
Back to top Go down
http://nerdyknight.deviantart.com
Yung Blaze
Yung Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10Sun May 31, 2009 12:02 pm

you could also put it in the preferences
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site And Forum Combining ?   Site And Forum Combining ? Clock10

Back to top Go down

Site And Forum Combining ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1