DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triplezman
Triplezman

Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Empty
PostSubject: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:16 am

triplezman wrote:
*points at Yahn*

Him funny. He become mod?

Okay, recentely, just yesterday, I was banned. Why? For stupid posts, the one quoted above in the "New Vortex Moderator" topic.

Now, I red the rules again, I found the rule I broke, which is:
6 - Make your posts helpful.
Posts that simply quote and don't explain, posts that are spam (ie: one worded posts, such as ""huh", "yes", "why", "..." etc...) and distasteful posts will result in verbal warnings and potential sanctions being dealt. Also, in help topics - actually provide help or do not post at all. [Please note: Spam also includes making irrelevant posts to a topic and simply quoting somebody or a previous post without you saying actually something.].

Now, as the post states, the suggested punishment is a Verbal Warning, if no WLs are already issued. I had nada warnings, yet I get a clobber from the banhammah first thing. I would not have questioned a VW or even a WL1, but banned? I look back now, I realize I may have been a little bit of an idiot back there, but that did not warrant a ban.

That's a weeny bit extreme. Just thought you should just be a little bit less hammah happy...

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Shin Masta

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:28 am

Did you have a WL2?
Back to top Go down
Triplezman
Triplezman

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:30 am

No, clean record with no WLs or VWs prior to the incident.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:40 am

Rules wrote:

DISCLAIMER
All staff have the right to right to administer punishment to any
member who commits an offence at any period of the day. Said punishment
is allowed to vary depending on the staff member, time of the day or
mood of the punisher. So remember - do not catch a member of staff in a
foul mood.
As a member, you agree not to post any abusive, obscene,
vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any
other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the
country where DBZ Vortex Staff hails from, or International Law. Doing
so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned. The IP
address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
You agree that DBZ Vortex Staff have the right to remove, edit, move or
close any topic at any time should we see fit.
As a user you agree to any information you have entered to
being stored in a database. While this information will not be
disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “DBZ
Vortex”, phpBB nor Forumotion shall be held responsible for any hacking
attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

Obviously you didn't read all the rules. The first few line in the Disclaimer in-particular.
Back to top Go down
MadCX
MadCX

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:19 am

Wait, you banned him for that post Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Imslow?
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Shin Masta

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Man, that is kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
andragon40
andragon40

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:27 pm

for once i agree with shin.
Back to top Go down
Axxon456
Axxon456

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:47 pm

1 For Frost 0 For The dude who got band Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Shin Masta

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Axxon456 wrote:
1 For Frost 0 For The dude who got band Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Icon_cheers

No, it was stupid.
Back to top Go down
Triplezman
Triplezman

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:32 am

I think that whether Frostt was in a foul mode or not, their are certain ways to deal with a problem, such as VW or WL1. A mod should judge people fairly, regardless of mood.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:42 am

<3 The Disclaimer.

You have no idea, I had to deal with stupid people all week at work. Once I saw it on the internet, I was like fuck this. I didn't want to have to deal with it. So to stop further stupid posts one day ban was warranted. Granted it should have been a Verbal Warning. I was really really pissed off. Ask Blues.
Back to top Go down
Triplezman
Triplezman

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 am

righto then...

I'll be less stupid, you smash the faces in at work, everyone happy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...   Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read... Clock10

Back to top Go down

Oh no, not the banhammah! Staff plz read...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1