DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shin Masta
Shin Masta

Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Empty
PostSubject: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 pm

...And what exactly does your picture show?

Is this some sort of advertising trick?
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Shin Masta

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:28 pm

It's minus karma.

Like, what's wrong there?
Back to top Go down
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 pm

You're making bad posts apparently?
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Shin Masta

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 pm

I don't remember any bad posts.

Karma System seems to fail miserably.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 pm

The Karma, can go negative, if people don't like your posts. It can also mean if you piss some one off, they will spam you with negative karma, Hence the -9 you currently have.

Last I heard the Admins are trying to come up with a fairer system. I believe there are some guidelines but I maybe wrong. So I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Shin Masta

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:37 pm

I didn't do shit. It's the little noobs who either hate me or just don't know what to do.

Now, here comes - 15.
Back to top Go down
Adam016
Adam016

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Hope that makes you feel better.
Back to top Go down
Shin Masta
Shin Masta

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm not mad, it's just that it's just very unfair. Should be removed.
Back to top Go down
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Shin Masta wrote:
I didn't do shit. It's the little noobs who either hate me or just don't know what to do.

Now, here comes - 15.

I don't really have a solution for this as I don't know who is giving you negative, however since this post has started, your karma has doubled. Now I think this is because people are just trying to annoy you further. But in the end it's nothing really a few numbers next to your name, just ignore it dude.

Now for everyone else. Stop spamming Shin with negative votes in this topic. All I can see is red next to his post and for the majority he did nothing wrong except express concern.
Back to top Go down
Adam016
Adam016

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:41 pm

D: I made it go up though...
Back to top Go down
Inverse Knight
Inverse Knight

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:56 pm

Sandy, you need to calm down. Personally I don't care for the system myself. But It's not going to do anything to complain.
Back to top Go down
Koji
Koji

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:37 pm

We (the Admins) have talked about this a bit, and right now it's basically as efficient as it can be. Positive karma outweighs the negative by alot, so it isn't hard to come back after a nose-dive. I don't think this is a widespread enough problem to evoke any kind of action.

We've mentioned removing it once or twice, but never really talked about it. If it starts to be a real problem for the whole forum, we'll probably axe it. But for now, it's just a neat feature.
Back to top Go down
Yung Blaze
Yung Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:50 pm

can you make it so if some one is on your foes list they cant effect ur karma cuz if ppl dont like u they will do it just fro the sake of doing it to me it dosent matter what happens cuz really has nutting to do with spriting.

Edit:
or hell make it be u cant only karma ppl when they post i your topic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:54 pm

Yung Blaze wrote:
can you make it so if some one is on your foes list they cant effect ur karma cuz if ppl dont like u they will do it just fro the sake of doing it to me it dosent matter what happens cuz really has nutting to do with spriting.

Edit:
or hell make it be u cant only karma ppl when they post i your topic

Then if you helped someone, eg: The ask question and you answer it really will, then they can't give you karma, and that is the purpose of it sorta.
Back to top Go down
MadCX
MadCX

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:11 am

What was the whole point of the Karma System in the first place? What does it matter if you have negative points or positive anyways? It just seems like another thing people can gloat about or complain about.
Back to top Go down
Angryboy
Angryboy

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:15 pm

The whole point of it was a run to see of how it could benefit us. We were hoping that it could be a way of us determining who the helpful members actually are, instead of people referring to their post-count as means of respectability. If you prove yourself to be a generally good member, the karma will show that. If you screw around, then it bites you hard in the behind. I always figured thats how karma worked out in reality anyways.

What Koji said was pretty much what we discussed - positive karma outweighs negative karma. Only a few positive karma posts and it easily knocks out the negative karma. Shin is already back up to 7.

Last edited by Angryboy on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sprite-den.tk/
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Well it was meant to represent how helpful you are, more so then simply having a high post count, but yeah I acknowledge the problems we have with it, I'm not sure there is an ideal solution though :|

EDIT: Yeah, AB covered it better than I did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk
MadCX
MadCX

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Guess you guys didn't stop to think about the people spamming negative karma then?
Back to top Go down
Koji
Koji

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:24 pm

We did, hence the ammount of Karma leaning heavier on the positive side.

This was never intended to be a perfect system in the slightest, we're looking for a measure of worth outside of post-count, and Karma is something we're testing. Of course our first idea is going to have some problems, it's a process.
Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:56 pm

Woudln't your posts represent how helpful you are. Not the amount, but what they say. Post count never mattered to me, I just liked the different sprites that there was. I personally could care less if I got knocked down to negative fifty points, Because unless my posts actually were bad, would it really make a difference?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10Fri May 01, 2009 12:08 pm

No because you can get a high post by posting random replies and spamming inside the spam/ranter banter board, which is what people did in the old forums just to level up ranks, just cause they had high post counts it did not mean they were helpful in the slightest, meanwhile we had users who only posted to actually help out, guide or give advice and they had much lower posts. The mark of a user is about quality not quantity; hence this was the idea of letting other users grade the users posts... I'll admit its not cut and dry though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.   Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy. Clock10

Back to top Go down

Remove Karma System. It seems noobs use it because of jealousy.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1