DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Review: Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strife
Strife

Review: Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Empty
PostReview: Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Not counting the very first Dragonball Z game on a large system (Dragonball Z: Budokai) they have all been a bit...well confusing. The point of view will make or break the game for you. Some love the old fashioned retro version of fighting, commonly seen in Mortal Combat or Tekken. And some love the newer styles. In this game, it's in first person, allowing you to roam around, but to a certain point (They have boundaries for that).

The story mode is incredible to say the least. There are 24 different Stories from both the original anime and the movies. There are usually 8-23 in the most common sagas that were shown in the manga, but in the noncannon stories they slump down to about 4, at the most, 10. And this game has a tendency to stray away from the original stories, due to the lack of certain characters, but that's okay. It'll keep you busy for days, especially if you're a "Try Hard" like myself and start on level three right off the bat. Now you're thinking that there are a lot of battles in the stories, but that's not even the tip of the iceberg. There are numerous battles while you fly around on the Dragon Adventure. Oh, did I mention that? It's adapted the flying around to the battles accustomed to the story mode, and other battles just waiting for you to enter. It'll leave you playing for days upon days.

Straying from the story mode, the rest of the game is completely legit. The Tournaments aren't half bad either. With four different difficulty levels, three different kinds of tournaments and at least three matches per tournament you're bound to be busy for a while. And you get to create a custom character! Sorry, I may have gotten your hopes up, but a custom charater as in customizing the strengths of the Z-fighter of your choice. Whether it be Villain or Hero, you can equip "Z-items" and build your character up from level 8 to the highest level you can. My highest level is 137. While doing that, you can also fuse items to win characters, but that'll cost Zeni, which you can win from battles on adevnture mode or in the tournaments.

After defeating all of the story mode on all levels, you feel that you are lost and there's nothing to do? Wrong. You have an endless amount of choices. Ultimate Battle Z follows the Mortal Kombat tradition. Although you aren't allowed to fight in 3rd person perspective, you fight up a ladder until you get to the ultimate boss! And there are many of these challenges. Whether it be medium, easy, or hard, you get to choose your fighter and take the path of Goku or defeat any team of warriors including the ginyu force, the human fighters and many more. It's impossible to get bored with this game!

After doing everything you think you can, becoming the ultimate Dbz Master, you think you know it all? Well read up on your characters, learn their stories, and then and only then will you master Dragonball Z. It's a really fun game with many stories and a lot of new characters. And while you're waiting, you'll have a buddy to talk to you on every page. So, as Goku would say, let's get into the spirit and go...buy that game.
Back to top Go down