DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 

RPG Review: Introductions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
L. Cole
L. Cole

RPG Review: Introductions Empty
PostRPG Review: Introductions

Well, as we all know, RP's on Vortex don't usually last that long. Well they do, but they die out easily. Maybe it's because of the system, maybe people don't like it. But out of all Vortex Rp's (including affiliates), which one had the most substance and hooked the Rp'ers into it. I was only here for the recent ones: Vortex, Vortex 2, Phanny's RP and now Rezzie's now-dead RP.

1: BurstFire Legacy 1
In my opinion, BurstFire Legacy 1 is one of my most favorite DBZ RPG's. Why? Because it had substance, it wasn't your same old RP. It was set in modern times, it had a wonderful staff and quite a hefty amount of members itself. The reason I think it lasted as long as it did (5 Months) was because Rez made sure that every member could participate in everything, but he found a way to keep everything balanced.

2: The Vortex
Possibly one of the best I've played (other than BFL). Blues went out with this one, but there was one downfall: The Stat System. Not many people favored the idea of Stats, some even whined. We all know who I'm talking about. But when it came to delivery and entertainment, it was pretty awesome. Did I mention time travel?

3: The Vortex: Sequel
With Rez and Blues working on an RPG, what could you expect? Action packed, amazing story and on top of that, active members. The return of Power Levels caught the interest of a few, but one thing still remained and that was the constant whining. Weaker characters couldn't participate and only the strong character could actually participate in Events. Overall, it was a good RP.

A Vortexian that goes by the name of Harley favored a "free RP system."

An example of a free RP is here:
http://dbzvortex.dbzaddict.com/t13997-clash-of-heroes-leo-vs-blizzard-rematch-score-settling-february-showdown#178228

Harley said that he wouldn't like to be bound by rules and would like to have a 'free RP' that appeals to everyone. His reason "it helps develop characters more," and well, it's really fun if you ask me. So, what are you, the users opinions?
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com