DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

We need a new admin.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PhantomAForce
PhantomAForce

We need a new admin. Empty
PostSubject: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:52 pm

It has come to my attention that Blues Light is no longer an admin, and he was probably the only active admin. So, we need a new admin, one that will stay active. Seriously, even when the other admins come on (with the exception of AB), they just ignore their duties, and its kinda pissing me off.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm actually quite sure Jay and Koji do alot of stuff behind teh scenes where we can't see. AB is just the one who implements them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Yahn
Yahn

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Ravage_Gokan wrote:
I'm actually quite sure Jay and Koji do alot of stuff behind teh scenes where we can't see. AB is just the one who implements them.

Not really. Crosseyehappy
Back to top Go down
Ravage_Gokan
Ravage_Gokan

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Really? I would've thought they would.

I stand corrected.

It was sorta a joke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbzvortex.co.uk/editors/rav.php
Frostt
Retired Moderator
Frostt

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 am

How about, the mods and admins choose when they deem it necessary to get a new admin / mod.
Besides it's not like it's severally impacting the forum.
Back to top Go down
Fortex
Fortex

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:38 am

Recently, no-one has been as active on the staff, I'll admit that.

As for a new admin, I got no idea who deserves it. Heck, we don't even need a new admin D;
Back to top Go down
Yung Blaze
Yung Blaze

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 am

no we dont.things were good befor blues was a admin. he was an alright admin but im sure the admin we have now can deal with site properly havent been any problems b4
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YungBlazeDbz
MrChaos
MrChaos

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:50 am

blues was indeed just a good extra ( sorry blues ><)
but I don't think we need a new admin...
Back to top Go down
SnakeX

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Too Many Admins = Things go wrong big style.

I was at this forum once, where every staff member and friend of the guy who owns the website was a admin, even me, of course, and there was no rules, no order, and I got perma-banned for fixing problems.(Of course, the guy running it was a total newb)
Back to top Go down
ShichirouKiyoshi
ShichirouKiyoshi

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Lol at everyone who says Blues was just an extra. When i still used to be here [5/4 months ago?] Blues grabbed the power like Hitler almost grabbed world domination. Blues may not be the perfect admin, but he was the most social one. He posted, and actually tried to uphold the reason this forum was created. Too help new[and old] LSW spriters get better.

On the subject of needin' another admin. I've just came back from the dead, so i don't know who the new admins/mods are. I'm sure all the admins can pull it off fine. Knowing AB for a while, he must be secretely plotting something.
Back to top Go down
MrChaos
MrChaos

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:12 pm

ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:
Lol at everyone who says Blues was just an extra. When i still used to be here [5/4 months ago?] Blues grabbed the power like Hitler almost grabbed world domination. Blues may not be the perfect admin, but he was the most social one. He posted, and actually tried to uphold the reason this forum was created. Too help new[and old] LSW spriters get better.

On the subject of needin' another admin. I've just came back from the dead, so i don't know who the new admins/mods are. I'm sure all the admins can pull it off fine. Knowing AB for a while, he must be secretely plotting something.

You say he helped spriters improve.. that has really nothing to do with being an admin everyone can do that.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke-Ish
Sasuke-Ish

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:27 pm

You guys do know that Jay and Koji are asleep right, and in one hundred years Ab will go to sleep and another admin will awake and take his place.
Back to top Go down
ShichirouKiyoshi
ShichirouKiyoshi

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:09 pm

MrChaos wrote:
ShichirouKiyoshi wrote:

You say he helped spriters improve.. that has really nothing to do with being an admin everyone can do that.

i have two things to say to that.

1) Not anyone can help spriters improve. It takes great skills to be able to give people good critism. And i say being able to help other spriters is a pretty needable[lolword] skill for an admin on a spriting forum

2) Even if ''everyone'' could do that. That's just one of the skills BL has that i pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Angryboy
Angryboy

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 am

Extra? Jesus Christ people. At the time when Blues was instated as an Admin, AlisterPrinceton and Koji had been on leave, so it was just Jay and I. Jay was even busy with university and work, and when he DID come back he went straight into the revival of the site's archives, doing an amazing job might I add. Blues was necessary because at the time I was the only 'forum' admin available, and it is blatantly obvious that the time I have now here is dwindling as well. Blues was the firm hand and voice that I couldn't be, so hearing what you've said about him now just seems like a badly executed kick to the crotch.

Talks of a new admin happened early into Blues' retirement. The fact is, to be honest we don't know anybody on the forum who we'd be comfortable seeing as an administrator. Perhaps in the field of moderation, and even that was batted around for a while before dying out in conversation. For now, most of you will just have to accept that after 3 and a half years of working in this place, real life catches up to those at the top, and they start to drift away. It's fine by me if you create a topic in which names are put forward for new positions so that they can be considered, but for now I don't think those on the staff have seen much to impress them.
Back to top Go down
http://sprite-den.tk/
Sasuke-Ish
Sasuke-Ish

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:35 am

Hell if you guys ever end up needing a spare admin in a time of crisis I would be more than happy to take the position until you all are done your business. I have a bit of experience in that area.

But as for now we definitely do not need another admin so this topic is kind pointless now.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:36 am

Its nice to be loved...and hated...

At least I'm not forgotten :3
Back to top Go down
Razøer_Starlock_Fury
Razøer_Starlock_Fury

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:45 am

Sasuke-Ish wrote:
Hell if you guys ever end up needing a spare admin in a time of crisis I would be more than happy to take the position until you all are done your business. I have a bit of experience in that area.

But as for now we definitely do not need another admin so this topic is kind pointless now.
Aye, id do the same.

Also, Zack, dont let those asshats bother you, i think you did a fine job.
Back to top Go down
MrChaos
MrChaos

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:59 am

RSF wrote:
Sasuke-Ish wrote:

Aye, id do the same.

Ofcourse he did, blues was & = awesome.
Anyways do we need an admin now yes or no? Crosseyehappy
Back to top Go down
PhantomAForce
PhantomAForce

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 am

We don't really need an Admin, but it might be beneficial to have one, just to keep this place in order.

I really wouldn't mind Ishy taking that role, same with RSF, but no offence RSF, but you kinda have a harsh, attitude I guess you could call it. Ishy would have to be my vote.
Back to top Go down
Razøer_Starlock_Fury
Razøer_Starlock_Fury

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:57 am

Doesnt offend me Anime, it's only your opinion. Anyway, rioting hasnt consumed this site yet, with all the flaming and what not, so the way i see it, it's under control.
Back to top Go down
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:35 pm

RSF wrote:
Sasuke-Ish wrote:

Aye, id do the same.

Thanks Jessie and Klaaus, but almost nothing offends me. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but most should remember that it is only an opinion. *cough*
Back to top Go down
Triplezman
Triplezman

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:54 am

Blues Light wrote:
most should remember that it is only an opinion. *cough*

I wish there were Twihards who accepted that...

Personally, on this topic, I think that it should be left to the discretion of the other admins to appoint new admins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need a new admin.   We need a new admin. Clock10

Back to top Go down

We need a new admin.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1