DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Death_The_Kid
Death_The_Kid

Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Empty
PostSubject: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:54 pm

So who has listened to this, I mean honestly some of them are ok but some of these classic songs were killed badly.

here is the list:

#TitlePerformerOriginal PerformerLength
1."More than a Feeling"Hit the LightsBoston2:44
2."Paint It Black"VersaEmergeThe Rolling Stones3:39
3."Free Fallin'"The
Almost
Tom
Petty
4:31
4."We Are the Champions"Mayday ParadeQueen3:14
5."Rock and Roll All Nite"The Summer SetKiss4:02
6."Caught Up In You"We the Kings38 Special4:05
7."Separate Ways
(Worlds Apart)
"
A Skylit DriveJourney4:09
8."Your Love"I See StarsThe Outfield3:13
9."(Don't Fear) The Reaper"Pierce the VeilBlue Öyster Cult4:20
10."Crazy Train"Forever the Sickest KidsOzzy Osbourne4:57
11."Pour Some Sugar On Me"The MaineDef Leppard3:58
12."All Along the Watchtower"Envy On the CoastBob
Dylan
3:52
13."Take Me Home Tonight"Every AvenueEddie Money3:35
14."Bohemian Rhapsody"Never Shout NeverQueen6:06
15."Dream On"BlessthefallAerosmith4:50
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:34 pm

...Oh my god- this is totally off topic, but I think you're the first person ever to actually use the table function.

And I've never listened to any one of those.
Heard Free Fallin' that's the only one.

Last edited by Onis on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Terton
Terton

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:00 pm

I have heard part of Bohemian Rhapsody... I'm not saying I like it, but I overheard a bit of it in school.
Back to top Go down
Blade
Retired Moderator
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Ugh, I don't know what to think of any of them.

Some of the other "Punk Goes" were good because they had some metal bands doing the covers. Case and point being like The Devil Wears Prada - Still Fly. And even ADTR - Cable Car was okay. But when I look at that list of bands all I see is some crap.
Back to top Go down
Dack
Dack

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:02 pm

I don't see any ADTR there nor Escape the Fate...

Sad
Back to top Go down
Weeping Guitar
Retired Moderator
Weeping Guitar

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Blessthefall and The Almost are the best covers on there. A Skylit Drive (even though I hate them) has a pretty good cover too.
Back to top Go down
Nightmarebrolly

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 am

Envy On The Coast would have been good if they would have used their style and by their style I mean make it sound like a jam off of Lucy Gray or Lowcountry. Instead they kinda just sucked haha
Back to top Go down
Weeping Guitar
Retired Moderator
Weeping Guitar

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:00 pm

The thing I like about I See Stars is they finally showed off their new screamer. Which sounds a little better then the previous. But its just not enough to completely judge yet.
Back to top Go down
Death_The_Kid
Death_The_Kid

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:47 pm

I actually liked the Peirce the Veil cover, but my favorite was Envy on thos Coast or Forever The Sickest Kids, I woulda liked more covers though by more bands, I mean there are plenty of good classic songs, or atleast not have 2 Queen covers top open for another classic cover.
Back to top Go down
NikoBelic999
NikoBelic999

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Well, my opinion is that these punk bands have really disgraced the classic rock bands, some of the best songs are being ruined by some of the newb bands....
Back to top Go down
Weeping Guitar
Retired Moderator
Weeping Guitar

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 pm

I hate the blind-less following of classic rock (no offense dude). These are cover songs. They don't replace the original songs. If fact they may get new listeners to like the original song and the band who wrote said song.

I'll admit some of these songs are no where near the quality of the original. But saying they disgrace the classics isn't true. Again, I'm not attacking your opinion. I've just been waiting to say this for awhile. I have nothing against people liking classic rock. I just hate when they talk down to other bands just because they didn't exist before the 80s or they don't right bluesy riffs.

Also a major side-note. None of these bands are punk. Most are post-hardcore and (I hate to call it this, but I cannot think of the actual name) emo bands.
Back to top Go down
Axxon456
Axxon456

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:23 am

I don't even know wtf this topic is about. Someone explain so i can get into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)   Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts) Clock10

Back to top Go down

Punk Goes Classic Rock (Your thoughts)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1