DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Makes You Inactive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

What Makes You Inactive? - Page 2 Empty
PostWhat Makes You Inactive?

Vortex is not the bustling place it used to be. For various reasons, no one really does anything here anymore, with the exception of a few. The Staff and I are at a loss on how to fix this, so everyone, give it to me straight. Why don't you post more? Why is there a lack of sprites and no one ever makes a sheet? What happened to comics and animations and all that? I'm open to any and all suggestions and will probably do whatever is necessary to make this place lively again.
Back to top Go down

Similar topics

-
» BL makes a short comic
» Obito makes his apperariance
Share this post on: reddit

What Makes You Inactive? :: Comments

Blues Light
Re: What Makes You Inactive?
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:14 pm by Blues Light
THTB wrote:
A lot of the original members are a great deal older...our youngest members were like 12 and 13 when joining...now they're 17 and 18...and a lot of the older members are now in their early/mid 20s now, or are at least 18. Pretty much life is just kicking in and interfering, plus things like becoming disinterested with spriting. That at least explains those guys.

Not to mention, this community came around like towards the end of DBZ's most popular years outside of Japan. That factors into it a bit, too.

It's really just time going by...I'm not entirely sure if the activity will ever really pick up that much anymore, sad to say. :/

This, I'm afraid. Taybear always knows what's up and he's exactly right.
Luka
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:19 pm by Luka
I smell a sprite-off, winner gets to be the one who's sprites are used in said scouters?
Axxon456
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 pm by Axxon456
Im down for Luka's idea.
Mistah_Jayden
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:08 pm by Mistah_Jayden
Yeah post rank ftw. It's what kept Frost here for quite a long time XD.
Luka
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 am by Luka
Oh yes, I feel like a contest alone would build morale among members.
Skygrinder
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:26 am by Skygrinder
Well, the main reason is that I have RL stuff going on, but I still stop by once a day, or once in two days.

Other reason is...well...

Even when I post, you can see that no one cares what you write, no one takes time to read everyone's posts and reply to any of them, they just read the first post of the guy who opened the topic, and replies to that, but ignores all the other posts, in some cases, people do reply to other posts, but rarely if it doesn't involve them. Everyone's completely disconnected from each other. You have to flame someone, to get his attention. Lol.
Mageta
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:38 am by Mageta
Sprite Off!!

Post Count!! :3

I agree with Sky, nobody does that anymore :/
Bob
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:59 pm by Bob
About contests, I have something to say:
Vortex exists for a long time now, so, there are a great diference in spriters quality, what I mean is that while the noob gets better with time, the veteran also gets better, and is always one step behind.
I think it would be nice to have a contest based on categories. Maybe we should have a test before the contest, to categorize the spriters. Something like everyone sprites the same character on the same pose and then someone classifies us.
Afrolicious
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:14 pm by Afrolicious
Bob wrote:
About contests, I have something to say:
Vortex exists for a long time now, so, there are a great diference in spriters quality, what I mean is that while the noob gets better with time, the veteran also gets better, and is always one step behind.
I think it would be nice to have a contest based on categories. Maybe we should have a test before the contest, to categorize the spriters. Something like everyone sprites the same character on the same pose and then someone classifies us.
But whoever hosted the last couple of Vortex Contests, I think it was Seto, sorted the spriters by skill. For example I remember one of them I went against Seto, Keeae and someone else awesome at that time. So, that's pretty much taken care of.

I vote we get those ranks back. Should we accompany them with a graphic also or leave them purely text?
Seto Stevce
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:13 pm by Seto Stevce
Wicked ideas guys.

Bob, I completely agree. After this months round I shall do pretty much exactly what you stated.

Afro, it'll be accompanied by sprites. Once the sprites that will be featured on the ranks have been chosen( I think blues and I have decided upon it) I'll PM you. If you're interested, you and I can put our rivalry aside and sprite the characters. You dig?
Luka
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:20 pm by Luka
Seto Stevce wrote:
Wicked ideas guys.

Bob, I completely agree. After this months round I shall do pretty much exactly what you stated.

Afro, it'll be accompanied by sprites. Once the sprites that will be featured on the ranks have been chosen( I think blues and I have decided upon it) I'll PM you. If you're interested, you and I can put our rivalry aside and sprite the characters. You dig?

Wait, if you're choosing the sprites that will be on the ranks then doesn't that defeat the purpose of the contest??
Seto Stevce
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:29 pm by Seto Stevce
Luka wrote:
Seto Stevce wrote:
Wicked ideas guys.

Wait, if you're choosing the sprites that will be on the ranks then doesn't that defeat the purpose of the contest??

I'm talking about the post ranks, not the scouter sprites.
Kane
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:33 pm by Kane
Wait wait wait.

We're not having Canon DBZ characters on the sprites?
Seto Stevce
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:40 pm by Seto Stevce
Kane wrote:
Wait wait wait.

Alright I gotta clear this shit up.

1. The post rank system will be coming back. The sprites in there will relate around Canon DBZ characters.

2. Custom scouter sprites which some mods and admins have will be available to the public by attaining certain things like winning sprite fights or a special Dragonball Hunt which will be happening very soon.

3. This idea of scouter sprites being chosen by the public was made in this thread. It has not even been discussed yet by staff and is in the maybe pile until further notice.
Kane
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:46 pm by Kane
Seto Stevce wrote:
Kane wrote:
Wait wait wait.

Alright I gotta clear this shit up.

1. The post rank system will be coming back. The sprites in there will relate around Canon DBZ characters.

2. Custom scouter sprites which some mods and admins have will be available to the public by attaining certain things like winning sprite fights or a special Dragonball Hunt which will be happening very soon.

3. This idea of scouter sprites being chosen by the public was made in this thread. It has not even been discussed yet by staff and is in the maybe pile until further notice.

Good explainer, thankyou.
Afrolicious
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:02 pm by Afrolicious
Seto Stevce wrote:
Wicked ideas guys.

Hmm. That seems like a wonderful idea. PM me ya fool.

Wait, are they separate characters or SSJ levels? Cause there is a difference.
Luka
Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:12 pm by Luka
Yeah wait, I thought I was talking about sprites in the scouter, that when you reach a certain rank, you go from baby Gohan to like kid Goku or some shit... That's what I was talking about when I referred to the sprite-off, to talk about who makes the sprites that we use FOR said Gohan/Goku etc...
Seto Stevce
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:11 am by Seto Stevce
Luka wrote:
Yeah wait, I thought I was talking about sprites in the scouter, that when you reach a certain rank, you go from baby Gohan to like kid Goku or some shit... That's what I was talking about when I referred to the sprite-off, to talk about who makes the sprites that we use FOR said Gohan/Goku etc...

There was 2 different sprites in the scouter. One which members could choose and the other which were won by members and they could put anything in there and only they can have that scouter sprite.

The way which you're explaining Luka is our post rank system, which levels or ranks you by your post count. These sprites in the past were made by VRP to keep the quality high and to have a a uniform look. Afro and I sprite very similar and can both adapt to each others style as it's almost similar which is why I asked him to help me out. The staff are currently working on a new style which will be ten fold simpler for users to adapt to. It will be very retro but very skillfully crafted. The rank images will most likely be done in this style.
Mageta
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:36 am by Mageta
I like the sound of this :3
Bob
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:10 pm by Bob
I noticed that there's a like/dislike button, very nice. But how the 'reputation' thing works?
Seto Stevce
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:20 pm by Seto Stevce
Your reputation will go up and down depending on the positive or negative votes you get.

Vortex badges being created atm will be awarded to those whose reputation is high. A big update will come about the new Vortex badges. To sum them up quickly, you'll attain one for the reason I just stated, being helpful around the board, being in the top 3 posters of the month, completing a sheet which has a lot of effort put into it, winning contests, etc.

Once you get a certain amount of badges(still being decided for now), you'll be able to claim prizes as custom sprites to appear in your profile or a status bar with your name and choice of colour.
Luka
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 pm by Luka
Seto Stevce wrote:
Luka wrote:

There was 2 different sprites in the scouter. One which members could choose and the other which were won by members and they could put anything in there and only they can have that scouter sprite.

The way which you're explaining Luka is our post rank system, which levels or ranks you by your post count. These sprites in the past were made by VRP to keep the quality high and to have a a uniform look. Afro and I sprite very similar and can both adapt to each others style as it's almost similar which is why I asked him to help me out. The staff are currently working on a new style which will be ten fold simpler for users to adapt to. It will be very retro but very skillfully crafted. The rank images will most likely be done in this style.

Whaat I wanna see this new style, maybe even help on it? Sounds like VSi if you ask me :X
Mistah_Jayden
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:35 pm by Mistah_Jayden
It's not VSi doesn't even look like it. :3
Anyway guys I hope you support the new changes. Go ahead throw in some ideas.
Forum ideas, new banner look, vault anything.
And guys, you best start sheeting alot of things because we need a new sprite gallery!
I
Luka
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:43 pm by Luka
Mistah_Jayden wrote:

I know, I just meant in the sense that it's simplified but totally awesome. And noowww I'm jealous that I don't get to take part in any of it!! >Sad
skyX
Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:07 pm by skyX
Im actully workin now on 2 sheets it will take some dam time but for now I got it

about the like and dislike (not sure but can we actully see how many like we have on a single post?)

and I think they should actully be bottons next to the date of the post with the bar that show how many you got if it posible

beacues I actully didnt sew it antil I got in here XP

Seto Stevce
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:47 am by Seto Stevce
Luka wrote:
Mistah_Jayden wrote:

I know, I just meant in the sense that it's simplified but totally awesome. And noowww I'm jealous that I don't get to take part in any of it!! >Sad

We're still in the beginning phases of this project. You're help in VSi was 2nd to none, so I'll keep you updated, friend. Expect a PM with a brief outline of the new project.

skyX wrote:
Im actully workin now on 2 sheets it will take some dam time but for now I got it

about the like and dislike (not sure but can we actully see how many like we have on a single post?)

and I think they should actully be bottons next to the date of the post with the bar that show how many you got if it posible

beacues I actully didnt sew it antil I got in here XP

That's awesome news on the sheets, sky. The bad news is there's no way to see how many likes you've gotten or who's liked it. It's just not Facebook lol

You can see how many total likes you've had by looking at the Reputation bit in your profile.
skyX
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 am by skyX
ok I can leave with that but how about moving it as battons and a bar next to the date of the post? or its just me that thing it not noticeable enough?

any way me like wheres the things around here are goin keep up the good work ^^
Seto Stevce
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:24 pm by Seto Stevce
skyX wrote:
ok I can leave with that but how about moving it as battons and a bar next to the date of the post? or its just me that thing it not noticeable enough?

any way me like wheres the things around here are goin keep up the good work ^^

I'm 98% sure it's not moveable as it's a function of the board which is made by forumotion. They choose where to set it when they filled in the core code of making template forums.

I will have a look though.
Mageta
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:25 pm by Mageta
Well, when I get my new good laptop and school finishes in a few weeks. Gotta love Australia <3

I'll be 100 more times active :3
Luka
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 am by Luka
Seto Stevce wrote:
We're still in the beginning phases of this project. You're help in VSi was 2nd to none, so I'll keep you updated, friend. Expect a PM with a brief outline of the new project.

Fuck yeah, I'm gonna hold you to that Seto. I just love being included :>
Cody
Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:33 am by Cody
the main reason of me being inactive is that my net is all fucked up Very Happy
Maxout
Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:56 pm by Maxout
I don't post here very often mainly because I can't get the free time, (this is the first use of the computer for fun I've had i over a YEAR!) but it's also compounded by the fact that the vaults, despite how long it's been since my last visit, still aren't working, and with work and all I need to be able to find the sheets I want to use (with credit to the makers of course) as fast as possible. Some thing that I can't do by searching these forums one topic at a time, this place is just to big for that I'm afraid.

So there you go.
Seto Stevce
Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:14 pm by Seto Stevce
Maxout wrote:
I don't post here very often mainly because I can't get the free time, (this is the first use of the computer for fun I've had i over a YEAR!) but it's also compounded by the fact that the vaults, despite how long it's been since my last visit, still aren't working, and with work and all I need to be able to find the sheets I want to use (with credit to the makers of course) as fast as possible. Some thing that I can't do by searching these forums one topic at a time, this place is just to big for that I'm afraid.

So there you go.

The vault will is our number one priority atm and there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes. I'll leave it at that.
Thanks for going to the effort and posting, hopefully you can do that a little more and help the community ouy.
Maxout
Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:36 am by Maxout
Seto Stevce wrote:
Maxout wrote:

So there you go.

The vault will is our number one priority atm and there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes. I'll leave it at that.
Thanks for going to the effort and posting, hopefully you can do that a little more and help the community ouy.

One can only hope my freind, one can only hope.
Mistah_Jayden
Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:45 pm by Mistah_Jayden
Maxout wrote:

So there you go.

Indeed but, also having the vault also makes it that leechers are more active in...leeching. Just come through the vault and be on your way. If you need sheets you can just ask. IMO just because the vault isn't up doesn't mean there should be no reason to post. With that mindset, there's no reason to post regardless.

We're going to fix it, eventually anyway.
Maxout
Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:15 am by Maxout
Mistah_Jayden wrote:
Maxout wrote:

So there you go.

Indeed but, also having the vault also makes it that leechers are more active in...leeching. Just come through the vault and be on your way. If you need sheets you can just ask. IMO just because the vault isn't up doesn't mean there should be no reason to post. With that mindset, there's no reason to post regardless.

Actully the main reason is a lack of free time, the vaults being down just adds to it.
BubbleChief
Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:08 pm by BubbleChief
To be honest xbox is more appealing to me right now and Im busy at sports combines preparing for college ball after next year.
Mageta
Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:17 am by Mageta
Mistah_Jayden wrote:
Maxout wrote:

So there you go.

Can't we have the Vault locked to anybody under 50 posts or something?
PanchoSato
Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:34 pm by PanchoSato
Games, always distract me. And school you know, im "new" but i love this site
Post  by Sponsored content

What Makes You Inactive?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DBZ Vortex :: Information Boards :: Announcements & Updates-