DBZ Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DBZ Vortex

The number one forum and resource for Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warrior sprites

PortalHomeLatest imagesRulesRegisterLog in

Life Goes On

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blues Light
Administrator
Blues Light

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:18 am

Hey everybody,

I'll keep this as bluntly honest as I can. I've been here for way too long and I'm getting too old for this place. I've got a pretty much full time job, I'm finishing alot of assignments for this semester and this spring will be my last semester before I graduate with my BA. I'll possibly be married within two years and might have kids of my own in four or five.

I'm pretty sure this part of my life is over.

I apologize for letting you all down and leaving so much promised and half-finished, but I simply have no drive left within me for Vortex. I love this place like an old high school or summer camp, but I can't stay forever. I'll never forget Vortex nor the friends I've made here. I won't go on a big list because I know I'll leave someone out that's been a big part of my life and I don't want that. I will, however, highlight a few people.

-Steve: Best Fucking Friends Forever man. Brother from another mother and without this place, we'd never know that.
-Johnny: Little bro I never knew I had. You're crazy and shit and I love you for it.
-Alex: We'll grow old and live in Bagshot Row as neighbors, deal?
-Ben: You're scary and you give children nightmares, you adorable fellow you.
-AB and Jay: You crazy British bastards did something really good here, I hope you both know that, if you read this. You created this place from nothing and taught us we could build a world for ourselves.
-Rezzypoo: Guess we'll never settle the old rivalry huh? Hee
-Stevchala: You've earned it every step of the way.

Seto's got you all in great hands and I think he can bring this place back to what it used to be and hopefully better than ever. Be on your best behavior and listen to him, you hear, or I'll know about it. It doesn't take much effort to log in and punch someone you know Hee

Stay gold everybody <3
Back to top Go down
beastboybrown
beastboybrown

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 am

I will miss you man, even though I have not been on for very long, I will still miss you. Sad

I hope your life goes well for you man.

Well I hope Vortex helped you as much as you have helped it and its many members, including me.

Back to top Go down
Gokuatruehero
Gokuatruehero

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:02 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE ADMIN WILL LEAVE! Well, enjoy man. I really enjoyed the times I PM'ed you repeatedly. You're a great guy, thank you for developing Vortex. Farewell, o' great one. *tips hat* Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Kane
Kane

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:21 am

-tears-

Thanks man. Just thankyou so much, I promise I won't let this place die, no matter what. I can't believe that your leaving, it'll just destroy this place but good luck in life. Pop in here and there if you can.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Seto Stevce
Administrator
Seto Stevce

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 am

I'm still coming to grips with this man. You broke the news not long ago in the shack and here we are. Excuse my french but fuck me! I would have never guessed when I joined those 4 years ago that I'd end up as the only admin.

I'll never forget the first time I ever really talked to you on vortex, it was the aceboard days and you had a go at me for being a spam whore haha
How far we've come, from moderators to admins, to a friend I'd never known if it wasn't for a gameboy game. Life huh? It's got a funny way of connecting people, and I'll be sure to stay connected with you friend.

You know I'm planning big things for this place, and I would have loved to have you right next to me in the cockpit steering this old bird. You've guided me a lot, you basically snapped me out of my noob days. I can honestly say I don't even think I'd have half the skill I do today if it wasn't for your stern words and then appraisal when we moved to excoboard. It was you who plugged me to VRP which made my skills even better. I don't even know how to thankyou.

And what gets me the most about all this, is that for my 4 years in this place, my rise as a spriter to reach the skill I'm at now and from member to Admin, no one ha ever said that I earned it. I guess you know how much I care about this place and how much effort and time I've put in, and for you to say those words gives me a feeling I can't describe. You'll be missed around here my friend, but you shall never be forgotten. You've put in so much to this site and you've been an outstanding member, moderator and admin. There'll never, ever be another Blues Light.

Back to top Go down
Inverse Knight
Inverse Knight

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:21 am

I find this... not that big of a deal. I have you on facebook and my cell phone. YOU WILL NEVER BE RID OF ME! <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
L. Cole
L. Cole

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 am

I find this as a big deal, I don't have much to say other than "Thank You."

Goodbye Blues.
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com
skyX
skyX

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:25 am

I want to say "tank you" but at the same time I want to tie you to your chair and force you stay here forever but I guese I cant really do that >.>

Sad I will miss you alot youve come a long way and we all should be happy for you that you moving on with your life as an adult

one last thing I have to say

You truly are a Vortex legend dont forget it :)

good bye my friend <3

PS: you can still come to visit here any time its only a web site few clicks away
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Nexus

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:05 pm

I had to come back to say this, going to miss you here Blues... Well, guess I got to stop calling you that.

Catch you later, Zack.
Back to top Go down
Afrolicious
Afrolicious

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:27 pm

*Afro's utterly speechless that Blue's is actually leaving*

Back to top Go down
http://www.tyroneshine.com/
Tails
Tails

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Goodbye Blues. Hope it all goes good for ya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://razux.weebly.com/index.html
Fortex
Fortex

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Blues Light wrote:

-Alex: We'll grow old and live in Bagshot Row as neighbors, deal?

I look forward to it, Gandalf.

I said it in the mod shack but I'll say it here, we all owe you SO MUCH. To say you've helped this place out is an understatement and it really does feel like Vortex just lost it's Gandalf.

You are a great mentor, but an even better friend. We'll keep in touch :)

A round of applause for you, good sir.
Back to top Go down
Luka
Luka

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:16 pm

I feel like you've done more for people than you or they actually realize. It took me your departure and Seto's cute lil speech to realize that you actually pushed me to get better too, by inducting me into VSi and constantly helping me and giving me the nicest of criticism. You're a real mench, Blues. Don'tEverChange <3
Back to top Go down
Mageta
Mageta

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Blues, it's sad to see you leave. But I guess, its like you said. "Life Goes on", You allways put up with me when I was a noob and thankyou for that. You are Vortex legend and you etter come back to visit!

Catchya later aligator. <3
Back to top Go down
Rainboob
Rainboob

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:28 pm

...MAAN...
That leaves me Sad...never going to Forget you man...bye
Back to top Go down
saiyanboy
saiyanboy

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Wow. Just wow, I didn't expect that. Just thanks Blues, thanks for everything you've done for the place, I guess everyone's time comes eventually. Heck we didn't even speak that much, but the odd conversations we did have were good ones, I'm gonna miss you Blues... Keep strong and do well in life. If you ever need us, were right here :'3 * Salute's*
Back to top Go down
Onis
Onis

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Never been one for long, heartfelt goodbyes or anything, so I'll keep it short.

Vortex would not have made it this far without you, and that's much appreciated, not just by me but by everyone, even if it goes unsaid. Hope life treats you well.
Back to top Go down
http://darthonis.deviantart.com
Lorezno
Lorezno

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm gonna be straight, I don't know what to say. I was gone for a week and everything changes. But while I was shooting pheasants in the face with my crossbow, I had some really good plans. Plans that I fully intend on going through with.

While you're gone, I'll be claiming the leading role in the RP Section of the forum. And as much as a great idea as your system is [it truly is a great idea], like all the others it is coming down to that Power Gap again. We all see it and my only prediction is that it will die like all the others before it, which I feel is quite soon. My plan is to tweak and redux your current system so that the Power Gap is no longer even a factor and that everyone will always be as strong as everyone else. Right now its in the planning stages, but I am utterly convinced that everyone will love it Very Happy.

I wish you the best with your future, and I bid ye farewell. But between you and me, I always knew our rivalry had to be settled, but I guess I can live with the fact that we're both forever equal. May our lights never fade into the night

Requiescat in Pace,
Lo Rezzie No
Back to top Go down
http://bflegacy.dbzaddict.com/
VakonySama
VakonySama

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm

You know, i haven't had the chance to talk to you very much, but it seems to me you've done a lot for this place and you helped everyone the best way you could (including me) :)

You seem like a great guy! And i'm sure if you keep being such a good person, you'll have a great future and will be very happy! I'm sure!

(Every time i saw simba's face or read the name Blues Light, i know there is someone i need to respect Hee )

You will do great! Go forward and never look back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Axxon456
Axxon456

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Farewell old buddy, I'll miss you around here Sad
Back to top Go down
Chibi
Chibi

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:35 am

I understand Blues old pal. We're all growing up, this vortex generation anyways. Its been great communicating with you here and I've always admired your work. I hope you go on to do great things in life and live a happy one at that. Much thanks for providing a spriting place for all of us oldies back in the day when we needed one. You will forever be a legend in this spriting kingdom.
-Chibi
Back to top Go down
Strife
Strife

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:41 am

I can't say much, besides the fact that the short while that I've been here, you've been a huge inspiration to me. Good luck in life bro, I hope you find what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
THTB
THTB

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Sad to see you go, man. Sad

Definitely keep in touch, dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/londonbridgeisfallindown
Sponsored content

Life Goes On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Goes On   Life Goes On Clock10